Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueStuff, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

The Dark Crystal over on Netflix. After powering through the new prequel series, I figured I'd watch the movie that started it all. Not as polished as the new series, but still hold up somewhat well. The VFX at the end are REALLY dated. The new versions of the Gelflings are much better than the rather 'wooden' 1982 move versions. It would be a hoot if The Jim Henson Company permitted the Netflix Team to re-make the 1982 movie as the last two series finale episodes of the new series. It would be really interesting to see what modern production values and a sizable budget bump would achieve.

2. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

12 monkeys

Avro Arrow likes this.
  3. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Captain Phillips

4. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Captain Captain

Vice (the 2018 movie about Dick Cheney).

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Contact. an interesting sci-fi movie with a stupid ending.

6. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood, finally. Now, I get a lot of the criticism, but I still enjoyed it very much.

Madness in the Method, the Jason Mewes directorial debut. Black comedy for fans of Kevin Smith, Mewes, and other B- and C-list celebrities.

A Million Ways to Die in the West, still not as good as the Ted movies, but still enjoyable.

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla, Mothra, Mechagodzilla: Tokyo SOS. The only two entries in the Millennium series of Godzilla movies that are connected narratively. They are also the two shortest features in the Godzilla series since the 1970s. They finally figured out that they didn't need to stretch the movies to 100+ minutes, they cut out anything that slows the movies out, which would have helped a few other films like Godzilla 2000 or Godzilla vs Space-Godzilla. Also, this version of Mechagodzilla looks fantastic.

7. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Bounty (1984) when Mel Gibson was pretty

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Pacific Rim: "We are cancellin' the apocalypse!!"

Kai "the spy" likes this.