Lando Calrissian's Sexuality

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by LJones41, May 22, 2018.

1. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Keep in mind there are people who were born after 1990 and are unaware of how people talked in the 1970's and 1980's. So its not a suprise they would jump to that conclusion.

Though since Lando is a very 1970's (Empire was filmed in 1979) style character having him be pansexual kind of fits. As during that time period a lot of people drank, did drugs, and humped just about anything.

EmoBorg likes this.
  2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

i always wondered if anything was going on between Lando and Lobot....

3. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Pansexual Simply means you can have romantic inclinations towards just about anything.
    Even your Droid co-pilot.

Shaka Zulu, Gryffindorian and KennyB like this.
  4. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

This thread is a big fucking nothingburger

Yawn

Brefugee and KennyB like this.
  5. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Honestly I’d be shocked if Lando wasn’t pansexual. He seems like he could charm women, men, droids, and non-binary beings of all species. He oozes charm and sex with every character he interacts with.

I’m not sure why anyone could have even be bothered by it, except for plain old homophobia.

I’m pansexual for lack of a better label, in fact I find labeling or limiting sexuality to be odd. Why would anyone willingly submit to cutting off relationships with entire genders? Even if you mostly prefer one gender over the others, why ignore the possibility of someone else coming along?

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

And we liked it!

Shaka Zulu and Spot261 like this.
  7. Awesome Possum

Lando has probably had sexual encounters that would make Capt. Jack Harkness blush.

8. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

What does any of this have to do with the price of spice on Kessel?

Shaka Zulu, Turtletrekker and KennyB like this.
  9. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

He’s the definition of a ladies man.

Shaka Zulu and Mr. Laser Beam like this.
  10. Awesome Possum

And a man’s man, a droid’s man, non-binary’s man, agender being’s man. There’s a whole galaxy just dying to meet the one and only Lando.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

But would he get with his clone?

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  12. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Undoubtedly.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  13. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Because some people are fine with that, just like you are fine with being pansexual (for lack of a better label).

I would hope you wouldn't label something like homosexuality as "odd".

14. Awesome Possum

No, they've actually had to question their own sexuality.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  15. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

The movie has not even come out yet so we don't know HOW the writing treats the characters involved and everyone's having conniptions over pure speculation. Can't imagine why...

The writer in a side interview told us how "he's pansexual".

Anybody see a clip of anything definitive backing that? Or just a momentary blip of melodramatic plop of "Everything you heard is true", which is a semi-callback to Han being oh-so-awestruck to Rey about the Jedi and The Force and may have been taken out of context? Or the bit about "baby", which could just as easily be taken out of context.

Remember "The Force Awakens" when Poe and Finn were being staged as a gay couple via perceived action as opposed to someone having to say it, which might be the arguably better way to go but then one misses out on all the prerelease hubbub? "The Last Jedi" pretty much reverses what audiences were leading themselves to believe.

Why might it be different now?

So what if Kasdan's son (what's the target audience's beliefs on nepotism?) is "trolling the audience", noting all the publicity articles have pointed out the elder Kasdan has been rather quiet on the issue?

At this juncture, these questions couldn't even be answered by a computer which wouldn't be programmed to give any worthwhile responses about it to begin with.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  16. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Most people are somewhere between the Kinsey scale's values of 1 and 5, with those closer to the edges more likely to disregard anything regarding who's on the side of the scale most opposite to their own. 0-6 is the complete range, BTW. Their scale was superseded by a newer grid-based system to more reflectively encompass all types and mindsets as well (e.g. recreational vs plopping out the babies and there's nothing wrong with either to a reasonable extent.)

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I bet you can watch Solo and not even realize that Lando is pansexual just like you can watch The Last Jedi and not know that Admiral Holdo iis a lesbian.

18. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Lando's sexuality? Smooth.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  19. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

It had nothing to do with calling Han baby. Jesus Christ. “Fans” make me want to drink.

heavily implied that Lando fucks his droid

Shaka Zulu, Gryffindorian and EmoBorg like this.
  20. Awesome Possum

For the most part people just assume that everyone is straight and cis unless told otherwise. It will be a great day when that is no longer just assumed as a given.