Kirk Enterprise - the Enterprise(a)?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cadet49, Apr 18, 2013.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

So I've been wondering: not much has been established about the starship with registry NCC-0718, canonically speaking...

2. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

The name and registry aside, it might be that whatever that ship personally important to Marcus first or last command.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah ha, I see what you did there. :bolian:

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why is July 18 important to J.J.?

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Or it could mean July of 1918.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks iffy to me. Will wait and see if it's confirmed.

8. The Wormhole

You might be onto something. 718 is the area code of New York City, which is where Abrams was born. Don't know why he stuck the zero there.

For that matter, why use the New York area code for a ship named after a city in Maine? USS Biddeford's registry should be NCC-207. Or NCC-0207 if we have to do things the Abrams way.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well the ship that registry already in the movie has the TOS Colour Scheme of White with Orange Bussards, maybe they reused the texture for that model.

Also its a deleted scene the SFX could be incomplete.

10. The Wormhole

So it's been over a week, has anyone else seen this scene or not? Should Senator Vreenak be making an appearance?

11. Cap.GRPrime1701

Cap.GRPrime1701 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Does anybody on here even have Xbox SmartGlass app
    xD

Hopefully someone posts the scenes on Youtube.

12. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

I'm gonna throw another possibility out here, that it IS a physical model, but that it is MUCH smaller than indicated in the still. If it were a foreground miniature that was less than perfectly executed, that would convey the subtle wrongness of the pic. Abrams actually did a foreground miniature for the first film, but it was a scene cut from the release print (interesting synchroncity, that!), so they do, surprisingly enough, actually know the process.

Trek used FG miniatures in TMP for Vulcan (the brief shot at Yellowstone) and for Starfleet Command in TWOK (most of the lobby - lower level & atrium overhead - where Kirk & Spock wait for the elevator.)

13. The Wormhole

That's all well and good, but I'm noticing that since I've asked for proof all I'm getting are theories regarding how it could be real, bot no statements that it is.

But, I am interested in facts, not theories. Is no one able to state with 100% certainty if this is real or fake?

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

No proof one way or the other except for the existence of the photo itself.

I guess everyone can take it or leave it.

15. The Wormhole

^^Sounds like a fancy way of saying "no."

16. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I am not one of the "purists" so I don't mind either way to be honest, whether or not it fits canon, is fake or real doesn't make any difference to me.

I am ok either way. :)

17. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

If you're going to get this worked up over it, may I suggest you're asking in the wrong place? Nobody here worked on the film, so nobody here is going to be able to say it was on the set physically or added in post. Since there isn't a 'making of' on the film, b-t-s info is going to be lacking and continue to be lacking.

If you feel that compelled about this, PM me and I'll send you the email address for Scott Chambliss, the production designer (or at least it was his email in 2009, no guarantees it still works.) If he wants to know what happened to my Trek 09 article (for which he was interviewed, but the piece was never finished or published) for HD VIDEO PRO, tell him ILM PR dragged their heels for 2 months & didn't put anybody on the phone with me, plus Paramount failed to hook me up with the DP, so there wasn't anything besides his interview, which wouldn't have been enough for a cover story (especially since Paramount never sent my editor any photos, either.)

18. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

If this was real it would have been confirmed by now by somebody else.

19. Cap.GRPrime1701

Cap.GRPrime1701 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm pretty sure had the app been on Apple IOS instead of Xbox Smartglass, we would've had all these scenes posted on Youtube already.

20. The Wormhole

Has anyone even seen this particular scene? My search for info about deleted scenes has so far brought three results, Khan taking a shower, Carol talking about growing up in London and Kirk meeting Rima and Lucille Harewood at the ceremony at the end. No one is even talking about a deleted scene set in Marcus's office.

Can anyone even confirm that there is a deleted scene in his office? Hell, does even the novelization feature anything with Marcus that isn't in the movie? Just something that simple would go a long way in convincing me there's some legitimacy to this, and can be answered by anyone.