Spoilers Killjoys - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Jul 5, 2018.

1. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show has never been really good, except at Jack O'Neill style snark from sexy characters (or charming, in Johnny's case, he's been played as Dutch's GBF.) As for the supposed jeopardy, it has always been perfectly obvious Dutch is destined to win. There's just no suspense there.

The only shred of choice is whether Dutch ends up with Johnny. The show seems to think marriage is death (or maybe rape,) which is why any resolution to the show's only dramatic choice is arbitrarily postponed till the end. The rest is stalling. As to whether the show will be honest and end with D/J? It often seems as though the show really does think a true "friend" would devote their entire life, but not stain the love with filthy sexual intercourse. Also, Johnny as GBF isn't high status enough. If the show were SF, or even a serious drama, they might resolve the issue with Dutch marrying both.

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Sure you've been watching the same show as the rest of us?

John isn't interested in Dutch that way and never has been and he pretty much spelt it out the first time D'avin hopped into bed with her.

3. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't believe everything people say about themselves in real life either. Johnny's life is centered on Dutch..They are more intimate in all but one way than most married couples, who are separated by work. Even Lucy has trouble getting Johnny's attention. This is not friendship. The show is actually pretty explicit about Johnny and Dutch being soul mates. My issue is that I don't think it adds one scintilla of moral superiority to the their relationship for it to be sexless. And since Johnny's fixation precludes any other relationships (why the show killed Pawter, when it hates to kill off characters, we're still seeing Khlyen!) for the show to end with Johnny still dangling from Dutch's ass and loving it would be in my would be like Pinocchio still being a puppet at the end, instead of a real boy. My opinion of course.