Contest: VOTE June Art Contest - Final Poll

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Soran77, Jul 1, 2017.

?

June Art Contest - Final Poll

Poll closed Jul 8, 2017.
  1. Soran77

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Cyfa

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. B.j.

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. gazomg

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. M

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  6. Finn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Scribble

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Klaus

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Wow! An exhaustive list indeed, M. I did once try and find all the art challenges to see what the themes had been (back in December when I won and didn't want to pick a theme already worked on) but gave up less than half way through, so I think your efforts here are pretty stellar! Now I'm going to have to put aside some time to click all the links :)

2. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ooooh that's very nice! Perhaps you could make a new post with this list and sticky it?

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Thank you! And yes, that's half the reason why I did this, too. To get an overview over which themes we already had, so that I didn't chose something that was already covered. :lol: But then while doing it I really began to understand what a huge thing this actually is and how long this has been maintained.

Yeah, I thought about crossposting in in the “Ideas for new contests” thread.

BTW, the new contest is up here. :)

4. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats, M! I will be honest -- I voted for BJ. I love the diversity (i.e. ANdoria summer still being WInter!), but M was a close second in my heart. I appreciate the close contest, but belive there was NO Russian hacking in the results -- they were fair and square!

M, just three suggestions for the July (and future) polls:

1) Please pin the poll when it is up (it can be unpinned soon after we finished voting & commenting)
    2) Please post a link on the July contest instructions thread (so those who are watching that thread will be alerted to a new contest....I have been used to the contests NOT starting on time or "early")
    3) Please post a link to the NEXT contest on the July voting page, so we can jump right on it.

Sorry I am sounding lazy...but the watched threads help me stay current with things, and create an urgency for me to react.

Thanks!

5. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh yeah -- and this would be a great idea too. Thanks so much for this resource!!

6. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Thank you! And that's okay. I won't hold it against you. *adds @Morpheus 02's name to list :shifty:*

Yes, will definitely do. I have to say, though, I'm not always sure pinning a thread really draws attention to it. In fact, in my experience, people tend to ignore the group of threads pinned at the top of the forum. Especially on a forum where we got so many pinned threads. Honestly, I developed the habit of just scrolling past them to get to the other threads. But maybe that's just me. :)

I actually did in my last post before yours. :p

But of course I'm glad to post it again: The brand-new July challenge is located here.

You are very welcome. I had fun compiling the list. (Although, formatting it for the forum took way longer than I expected.)

About making it another pinned thread at the top of the forum: I'm really trying to reduce the number of threads up there. Ideally, there'd be a single consolidated thread for the forum-specific rules, FAQs, contest rules, list of past contest and resources. I think I will create one in the next weeks. Well, at least that's the plan. ;)

Morpheus 02 likes this.