• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley developing Star Trek reboot for Paramount

here is a theory lol

what if the upcoming star trek reboots was like the 2024 tv show the ark and or also like the canadian sci fi tv show dark matter

expect with humans aliens robots and humanoids
 
It's all so vague that I don't have a sense at all of how to feel about it.

The movies they're name checking, like Crimson Tide and Training Day, are dramatic actioners that I quite like... but they're otherwise so different from each other that I don't have a sense of what kind of movie would emerge from the combination of those influences.

The "darker tone" talk just seems to mean standard adventure fare... I think? I like the (long-overdue) idea of new characters and a new approach, but these ideas seem pretty much abstract at present.

I've learned to just tune out talk of "new movies" at this point at any rate. I've gotten so used to nothing coming of any of it. I wonder if that might actually be changing.
 
They can talk all they want about what their intentions are for the tone and feel of the movie, but I won't be the least bit surprised if that all gets filtered out if it ever gets close to filming. Paramount will probably get cold feet and want them to make it a quippy sci-fi action flick, which'll please nobody.

But again, this assumes this project ever actually happens. I don't give it good odds.
 

The future of the mirror universe, or at least a mirror universe?
I'll believe it when principal filming is done, it's in Post Production and has a Release Date.
^^^
Beyond that it's like every other 'New Trek Film in development...' blurb for the past 10 years...IE Vaporware.
 
“It’s dark… but not that dark.”
“It’s not in a new timeline… but kinda a new timeline.”

Tell me you don’t have a clue about what kind of a movie you’re doing without telling me you don’t have a clue what kind of movie you’re doing.

One of those things where I don't understand why they're even taking questions on it. Everyone on the planet knows that they can't say anything meaningful about it.
 
One of those things where I don't understand why they're even taking questions on it. Everyone on the planet knows that they can't say anything meaningful about it.
It’s the same situation that happened with Tawny Newsome’s show pitch - Paramount announced it way too goddamn early before the concept was actually nailed down, and then they have to continually do a song and dance with extra steps during development.
 
It’s the same situation that happened with Tawny Newsome’s show pitch - Paramount announced it way too goddamn early before the concept was actually nailed down, and then they have to continually do a song and dance with extra steps during development.

I honestly wish companies would quit announcing projects until they are actually ready to move forward with said project. Heard DC has cancelled two upcoming TV projects. They just give ammunition to the hate brigades about whatever is currently going on being a failure.
 
I honestly wish companies would quit announcing projects until they are actually ready to move forward with said project. Heard DC has cancelled two upcoming TV projects. They just give ammunition to the hate brigades about whatever is currently going on being a failure.
I maintain that the first announcement we should get is on the first day of filming. Announcing even during pre-production can fall through because projects can fall apart at any point until everyone’s on set.

It can still happen during filming, but the likelihood is much lower.
 
I maintain that the first announcement we should get is on the first day of filming. Announcing even during pre-production can fall through because projects can fall apart at any point until everyone’s on set.

I know it is one of those things designed to keep from being scooped on their own projects. But I don't think it does the studio a lot of good from a publicity standpoint.
 
It’s the same situation that happened with Tawny Newsome’s show pitch - Paramount announced it way too goddamn early before the concept was actually nailed down, and then they have to continually do a song and dance with extra steps during development.
Paramount didn't announce it per sat Tawny broought it up.
^^^
But here's the thing about 'In Development' in Hollywood: It doesn't mean 'Greenlit to Production' - it means 'In Development'.

And that can have multiple results:

- Development gets to the point where everyone agrees it should be made, it's Greenlit and goes into Prodution.

- Development gets to a point where something is found that no one thinks will work and Development is finished and the project cancelled.

- Things go into 'Development Hell' where no one likes it enough to greenlit it but also it doesn't have enough issues to warrant cancellation, and it keeps getting shopped around until one day someone produces it/cancels it.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top