Jennifer Lien Was Arrested in July???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Ro_Laren, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh come now Dream, you know Lynx.

(And yes I am sure she has an active fan club, and it's a nice suggestion Exodus made.)

2. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very sad that her whole life hinged on one poll in a magazine. Sling-shot around the sun anyone?

3. teacake

Her whole life? There's no reason to believe she would have gotten any more work post VOY if she had finished the series.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

American History X and 4 seasons of Men in Black Animated.

She did fine after Voyager, but acting wasn't for her.

5. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I remember her in American History X, good part and good movie. Other than that I don't know enough about her. Should have kept it to myself.

6. Guy Gardener

Girl made her own way.

I was just thinking how it would have warped the fanboys minds if Jennifer and Avery had had a huge makeout scene in American History X.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  7. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

She's not consistently been in the public eye for many years so we don't know what exactly happened, but I wouldn't be surprised that economic depression has exacerbated things for her household (and people have been affected much more badly in other cases, with murder or/and suicide occurring). I'm not sure about her black hair dye, but in her mugshot she seems in a much better state than she was last time in one of her rare public appearances (that '10 convention?). I'm sorry I was unintentionally tactless about her earlier appearances.

Anyway lets not speculate too much and I really hope things aren't crashing down for her as badly as they have been for Gary Dourdan, another person who suddenly dropped from a successful TV show, with his professional and personal life irreversibly going down the crapper much more publicly (he was arrested three times in recent years and this month filed for banckruptcy).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  8. Guy Gardener

Is nutrition recession proof?

Even if it isn't she still gets residuals for being Kes every week.

Hell.

She does one convention and she buy a healthfood shop without a mortgage.

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it's incorrect to assume that the amount of money given from residuals and doing cons. is enough pay all the bills, support a family or even be enough to invest in a business, especially without knowing the exact amount she gets paid or how much her bills are.

10. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I have often wondered how much some of the 'minor' players get for a con appearance. If I was out of work and in need of money, I think I would be putting feelers out to see if I could make an appearance or three. To be sure, it likely wouldn't make you rich, but if your expenses are covered, you might still do fairly well. It all adds up.

11. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hate hearing stuff like this, especially about Jennifer, one of my favorite actors from Voyager. Hope she bounced back from this ok.

Sean

12. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

A little off-topic, but I just recently watched the first episode of the wonderfully witty, 90s cartoon gem "The Critic", where Jen Lien did the voice for a guest character. She played a young and sexy movie starlet trying to use the titular movie critic to advance her career.

And how she played her! A wonderful role for her warm and sultry voice. Also, the character design and animation was great!

[​IMG]

13. Guy Gardener

She doesn't do cons (any more) and I get this impression from this entire event that she's not living large at all. I'm not saying that she's from the cast of hillbilly handfishing, but Jennifer is living as if she is a real person (opposed to an unreal celebrity), then her family (mother and father work) probably lives comfortably on less than a thousand dollars a week, so that when ever the residual check shows up, if it's once a month or once a year, it probably makes an impact on her household even if it's only a couple hundred dollars.

Then of course if she's a loving, thoughtful mother, all that star trek money is probably going straight into her kids college fund.

14. teacake

Wang is always bitching about how little they get in residuals but what little means I have no idea.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Hey, at least Jennifer Lien didn't demand to be let go before the first season even finished like a certain Trek actress! :lol:

16. teacake

^Who now does a whole lot of cons.

This is why JJ needs to call me. I need one small guest role and then I will ride out whatever remains of Trek fandom doing cons, making up stories that other guests feel compelled to cast doubt on thus feeding the circuit of con-dom.

17. exodus

Is Voyager on in reruns anywhere?
    If it's not, then I would think by now it's next to nothing.:shrug:

18. teacake

Hey maybe ST:XII will revive some station's interest in airing Trek at midnight and this will be a boon to them all.

19. exodus

Well honestly, had Wang learned his craft while on the set and taken advantage of other skills that were available to him like the rest of the cast did, he wouldn't need to bitch about how little the residuals are.

20. Guy Gardener

Well Tim Russ put Wang on payroll again with his "Star Trek Renegades" project that he's undertaking... Although by payroll, I mean a kegger at the end of the week, since they're not allowed to generate profit without the peacock baring down to charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.