Jem'Hadar in star trek beyond.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by xzpezer123, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very true. It's a rorschach theory; they psychologically see what they want to see.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

No. I don't think it's a Jem'Hadar (nor do most people in the thread), but there are numerous similarities in design between the two aliens, and it's ridiculous to pretend people are just baselessly seeing what they want to see.

Jerikka Dawn likes this.
  3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

If someone mentions Jem'Hadar in Beyond again I'm going to lens flare them into a groveling heap on the ground.:brickwall::techman:

RAMA

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I think "those people" are seeing what they want to see. They are seeing that there are little horns running in a similar location to those on some Jem'Hadar, and a lack of external ears. But they are ignoring (willfully or not) the fact that Jem'Hadar don't have claws or slit pupils or brown skin or smooth skin or human-style nostrils, except in infancy.

Edit: Although to be fair, we're talking about a visually "updated" universe, so all those differences wouldn't really preclude it being a "JJ" Jem'Hadar. (Not that I think it is one, of course. :) )

STEPhon IT likes this.
  5. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Just to be clear, I don't think it's a Jem'Hadar either. But I wouldn't rule it out completely ... if I had seen a pic of the STID Klingons without knowing who they were, the word "Klingon" wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

On the other hand, the Jem'Hadar have no business in the Alpha Quadrant in this time period, so I think it's safe to assume that this is some other alien.

6. Serin117

Serin117 Commander Red Shirt

Clearly Unas from SG1. PFFFFFFFT

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  7. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

That image definitely looks like a Jem'Hadar.

If it is not a Jem'Hadar, then they should stop ripping off the aesthetic of the Jem'Hadar.

That logic could be applied equally well to those who say that that Jem'Hadar rip off design does not look like a Jem'Hadar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.