i've not started on the sg series, but...

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by data_lover, Mar 1, 2010.

1. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

I loved the movie, I saw it when it debuted and numerous times since. I also began watching SG1 when it originally aired on Showtime for the first few seasons. I sort of lost track of it and saw many episodes but here and there. I purchased all of them on DVD and just finished season 5 last night.

There are some differences between the movie and series but I enjoy both. It is so much easier to watch, having the entire series on DVD. I am amazed at how good the production value was for this show. I didn't really have any issues with the first season and I liked the stories. There is only one episode that I've seen that I thoroughly disliked (Wormhole Xtreme).

I would give it a chance and judge it for yourself. It sure beats a lot of whats out there now.

2. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

I loved the movie, I saw it when it debuted and numerous times since. I also began watching SG1 when it originally aired on Showtime for the first few seasons. I sort of lost track of it and saw many episodes but here and there. I purchased all of them on DVD and just finished season 5 last night.

There are some differences between the movie and series but I enjoy both. It is so much easier to watch, having the entire series on DVD. I am amazed at how good the production value was for this show. I didn't really have any issues with the first season and I liked the stories. There is only one episode that I've seen that I thoroughly disliked (Wormhole Xtreme).

I would give it a chance and judge it for yourself. It sure beats a lot of whats out there now.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^You might want to do something about that triple post there.

4. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Undoubtedly yes, Shanks succeeded in mimicking Spader so well that its hard to believe its not the same actor playing the role. He really doesnt get enough credit for his talents as an actor, and a mimic especially. It would have been interesting, to say the least, to see his take on Shinzon.

Ditto on Emancipation. Just grit your teeth and bear it, and take comfort in the knowledge that they never,ever go that low again.

5. gturner

gturner Admiral

Hey, Wormhole Extreme is hilarious!

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love Stargate SG1 (and Atlantis, which is more of the same). It's lighthearted but hugely entertaining, with really likable characters. You will be sick of Canadian Forest Planet (TM) by the end!
    Honestly, I think it's a better modern Star Trek than TNG, DS9, VOY or ENT were (although I enjoyed them too)

There's a list on Wikipedia of the differences between the film and TV show.

7. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

I've seen every episode. The fact that you think I said he wasn't a plausible commander seems to suggest you're the one who has trouble grasping simple truths.

What I actually said is that there's no way in Hell anyone would let him work as Earth's ambassador. Which he essentially was. Could he lead the protection detail for someone who could actually not start an interplanetary war with his snarky, assholish attitude? Definitely. But no one with half a wit would let that jackass say word one to an alien during first contact.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^

I've tried re-reading that post over and over but it still reads like you think he isn't a plausible commanding officer, which is utter nonsense.