News Isaacs Would Like To Return To Discovery

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by AutoAdmin, Aug 8, 2019.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Last weekend at Star Trek: Las Vegas, as reported by TrekMovie, Jason Isaacs expressed his desire to return to Star Trek: Discovery....

Continue reading...

2. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

Put him in Section 31 with Georgiou and TyVoq.

3. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good call. Maybe he didn't really die. *insert S31 tech here* ;)

I've kept wondering if PrimeLorca would show up on DIS, though I'm not sure how he'd fit into the new direction of season three.

BeatleJWOL and Terok Nor like this.
  4. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sticking to my story, that Mirror Lorca had him locked up in his spooky lab on the ship this whole time. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  5. Jadeb

Jadeb Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, please.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He should have been a member in the first place with none of the Mirror Universe guff, would have flowed a lot better.

The MU stuff should have been saved for a later season.

Phoenix219, Reyman, pst and 1 other person like this.
  7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Even a year later, Lorca remains once the best things about DIS...right up until the Mirror Universe cra--um, stuff. He won me over with just his first appearance on the show offering Burnham a bowl of fortune cookies...

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I too liked Lorca as that (Pre-Season 6) Dukat type character and then they made him a cartoon once they got to the mirror universe. I would love to see Lorca again and wondering what he's like in the prime universe.

9. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is the solution right here! Prime Lorca and Mirror Georgiou, with a Klingon dressed up as a human...no one is who they seem! Every character is not the original version of the character we met initially. Make the theme of the show about how 31 *seems* evil but is actually not-that-evil strictly because of these three agents who also fit that description, haha.

serabine and Phoenix219 like this.
  10. Char

Char Cadet Newbie

Isaacs will always be amazing at whichever role they create for him.
    He has charisma to spare. I loved him as a ‘Maverick’ Captain and was sad to see him turning all evil in the last few episodes.

11. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I say bring back mirror Lorca. Just say he got flesch wound from his assumed death. Jason

Delta Vega and Spaceship Jo like this.
  12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Prime Lorca is inevitable, innit?

Gonzo and XCV330 like this.
  13. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

At the very least they should do a Short Trek with him. I said the same thing about Pike and Enterprise last year and they ended up doing 3 of them. So Kurtzman, if you are reading you are welcome.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

A Mirror Lorca prequel short trek? I can go for that.

15. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

One Mirror Lorca Short Trek and one Prime Lorca one.

16. XCV330

XCV330 A Being of Pure Caffeine Premium Member

I could see Tyler and Pike instigating a mirror universe mission resulting in Prime Lorca's rescue. Cornwell assumed he was dead, but Cornwell was not exactly beating vegas odds when it came to being right about things. Pike apparently knows SOMETHING, though its hard to tell how much and what he simply inferred.

What we know:

Tyler is one of the few people left, now that Discovery is gone, and Admiral Cornwell is dead, with information on the MU, apart from a few admirals and high ranking officials in the Federation.
    2: Admiralty should now understand the imminent demise of Defiant. Will they do nothing to prevent it? Anyone in admiralty that assigns crew to that ship is murdering them. There is a reason to try and explore and mitigate
    3: "Starfleet is a promise. I give my life for you; you give your life for me. And nobody gets left behind." -Pike. Well, someone got left behind, big time.
    4:
    Pike knows exactly when and where his life turns to shit. He can waltz right into the MU, if he wants to, and get the job done.

17. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the biggest shame about Discovery's season three timejump that they can't interact with ReguLorca, unless they find him frozen in a capsule or stuck in a transporter somewhere.

That said, he'd fit with Section 31, assuming that show is set in the 23rd century Disco S1-2 era. But then he only gets to interact with Georgiou (who presumably gets back somehow) and Ash from the Disco S1 cast. We know Lorca had ties to 31 since there were black badges on Discovery in S01E03.

There's loads of potential in Lorca meeting Pike and his Enterprise crew. That'd be awesome.

Captain Jed R., Rainard Fox and Gonzo like this.
  18. J.D.

J.D. Ensign Newbie

I would love Pike's show where one of plot points is : find Prime Lorca. Lorca was great on DIS right till MU crap. Both Anson and Jason are charismatic , they'll be amazing on the show.:hugegrin: Can I dream, right?

19. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see Prime Lorca show up and be a totally different character from MULorca when it comes to mannerisms, speech, personality, and everything.

Kor

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

Issacs should use his natural accent.