Is episode "Past Tense" an omen of a Donald Trump presidency?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by marsh8472, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Is episode "Past Tense" an omen of a Donald Trump presidency?

1. Nonsense, things will not get that bad at all

28.6%
  2. The episode will be accurate

8.2%
  3. It will be worse than the episode predicts

40.8%
  4. No idea

22.4%
  1. GabyBee

GabyBee Captain Captain

2. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Given the level of opposition to anything Obama wanted to do, raising the minimum wage the way you want or the way I want (in the USA and here in Canada, it should be $20.25 USD/CND, IMHO) would have been opposed by the GOP. What he got was was a compromise (remember that word?) between what he wanted and what the GOP would have not allowed.

Again, what was Obama supposed to do, make singe payer a Presidential Executive Order across all 50 states and three territories? I'm sorry, but in many of the countries that have a national health care system (Canada included) it took years for said system to be set up (in Canada's case, it took a few years from when Tommy Douglas proposed it in the 1940's to when it became a reality in the 1960's, and all provinces had to agree to it.) That same thing will likely have to happen in the USA as well.

Supporting and setting up the TPP isn't really siding with free-trade Republicans (and there's nothing wrong with the TPP, as this blue-collar worker had written.)

And how would you have fought the GOP on this if you were POTUS without having to compromise what objectives you wanted to achieve? The key thing to being a president, prime minister, or chancellor in a democracy is that you will have to compromise on an objective and not get exactly what you want. Seriously, no offence/insult meant to you, but you need to take civics about your own government, like a lot of left-wing (emoprogressive?) Americans, IMHO.

No, so-called progressives (emoprogressives, more like) caused the Dems to lose control of Congress when they failed to vote in the mid-terms of 2010 and 2012, as a way to 'punish' Obama for not being like Harry Potter or Albus Dumbledore and waving his magic want to fix everything just like that (as Wanda Sykes one said, 'he went to Harvard, not Hogwarts.')

I'll agree with you on that, but one thing must be said-these people did get Osama Bin Laden due to Obama making him a priority.

NEITHER man should be in the White House as POTUS, period. And nor should Bernard Sanders, as he's just like them, but with a liberal coating.

People (white 'liberals' and alt-left extremist emoprogressives) voted for Obama because they were full of shit and wanted a dictator, but for the left-somebody like Fidel Castro with a mix of MLK, Malcolm X, Franz Fanon, Thomas Sankara, and Kwame Nkrumah, who would nationalize the banks and most corporations (he kind of did that with the bail outs of Chrysler and GM), as well as 'throw all banksters into jail' (which he couldn't do because they had done nothing under the current laws to warrant being arrested, tried and sentenced for financial crimes and then thrown into jail) plus a lot of other unrealistic pie-in-the-sky emoprogressive magical rainbow unicorn pony bullshit. When he didn't fulfill that, said people turned on him and called him everything but the Son of Satan, and then decided to 'punish' him as I mentioned above in the mid-term elections.

As for Trump, well, we all know why most 'moderate' Americans voted for him (with the help of the left.)

For future elections, I (and anybody else in other countries) expect you Yanks to do better when voting, as well as know about your governmental system better-these should serve as a pointer:

Politics 101 For The Left, Revisited
    Ten Truths Every Progressive Should Embrace For 2014 And Beyond

Oh, and one other thing: Obama accomplished a lot as POTUS: here's the list.

3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Nothing wrong with the TPP, are you kidding?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Shaka Zulu

5. Gingerbread Demon

6. Shaka Zulu

^Hey, at least I tried.

7. Gingerbread Demon

No problem.....

The TPP might be good for business or business interests but there's two camps of opposing views and I'm on the fence in regards to this.

Were not corporations being allowed to sue whole nations if they enacted laws that hindered their ability to make profits? The ISDS sections and such?

I find that is a bit to much over reach.