Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, is Howard Stark the Felix Lighter of Marvel movies seeing as how a different actor has played each appearance of the character?

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

no more than Bruce Banner or The Punisher. or Betty and Thunderbolt Ross.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

My inner pedant and Bond fan feels obliged to point out that it's Leiter but otherwise a nice comparison!

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

They haven't re-cast the character again, have they?

Really, since he's old in Iron Man 2, young in Captain America: The First Avenger, and barely seen in Iron Man, I'm not that bothered by the re-casting. Rhodes being played by two actors and Banner being re-cast, on the other hand...far more annoying.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Given the options of "re-booting" or "re-casting" Iron Man, I'd actually prefer that they simply write him out. After playing the role for so many movies, bringing a new actor in would be too jarring for me. If we can get him back for IM3 and Avengers 2 and call it a day, I'd be fine with that. There is a whole slough of superheroes to pick from; the Avengers team doesn't need Iron Man.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Given the boatload of money the movies with Iron Man have made, I'm not sure Marvel would be willing to let the character go. But, perhaps if movies with other superheroes start do to as well they might (eventually) consider it. At least until everyone is too old and they start over from scratch.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love if they just left out Rhodes altogether in the next one. I'm a big fan of Cheadle, but he just didn't feel like a good fit at all in the last movie, and was more distracting than anything.

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I agree with you Dave, Cheadle just didnt work as Rhodes. Having lived with Bond movies my whole life I really dont care if they change the actors playing the roles.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I thought Cheadle was fine as Rhodes. I liked him better than Terrence Howard.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I preferred Howard. Cheadle just seemed to be collecting a paycheck.

12. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

They both had their pros. Cheadle came off more realistically as a career military man. However I think Terrence Howard was more likable in the part.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I liked Howard better, Cheadle just seemed too... stiff? Playing it straight?

Anyway, IM3 needs more Platrow barefoot and in jean shorts.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Seconded.

Wonder what she'd look like in a suit of armor?
    Pic of her as Rescue at the wiki site.

15. Captaindemotion

16. Captain Craig

So are they going to set up the character as all human or will they during the film turn him into Coldblood? If so that's a lot of armored-esque good guys in one film. Iron Man, War Machine, Coldblood...could you need that much firepower against say...Mandarin??? Coldblood being the fodder. I mean he's a D-list support character afterall.

17. Captaindemotion

^ Is Coldblood not a villain? I got the impression from AICN (and also his name) that he was?

18. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

I don't know him, but his Wikipedia page lists SHIELD under his team affiliations, so I guess he counts as a good guy.

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

That doesn't necessarily mean anything in and of itself. In comics, "bad guy" and "good guy" can be fluid categorizations, after all. ;)

20. Captain Craig

Like nvek said I recall him being a soldier, then a SHIELD agent after the cyborg transformation. I always thought he was meant to be a type of Deathlok 2.0 but he just didnt' take off. I'm now curious to read his wiki. I can't recall the last time I saw him but my reading was curtailed a lot the last 6-8yrs so who knows. He could be "dead" for all I know.