Indiana Jones 5. It's official.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kelthaz, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

He’s no Tom Holland! ...still bitter about Uncharted...

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Holland is actually a really, really talented dramatic actor when he isn't having to go all "Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark!" and make movie references that he thinks are obscure because "lol he young." Given that the Uncharted movie is set before the first game ... I'm down with it. He looks the part of a young Nate Drake.

Mr. Adventure likes this.
  3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

He better lose an eye in this one or I’ll be very disappointed.
    Just finished all of the movies in 4K and enjoyed them all. Now reading Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead which is a prequel of sorts to the 4th movie set during WW2.
    They should do another Chronicles season to explore that era as it could be very interesting. See more of Colonel Henry Jones Jr.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    TheAlmanac likes this.
  4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Watch Hell or High Water. You might change your mind.

I rate Pine as the best option (outside of an unknown) by a country mile. His turn as Steve Trevor in the first Wonder Woman movie made me instantly think of him as a potential Indy in a reboot.

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a good movie and I liked his performance. I think he's a great actor and I'm not knocking him but he's just too pretty to be Indy.

6. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

His “pretty features” get a rough ride in I Am the Night. But that’s my last rebuttal. I promise (I’m not his agent or anything :lol: ).

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I was initially against it after seeing a leaked picture, which IMHO was a bad picture to leak as there wasn't anything iconic to Uncharted in it. But after seeing pictures revealed by Nolan North (who voices Drake in the games) and have to admit to being quite impressed with what they're doing and I'm actually quite a bit stoked now.

8. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's been a long time coming.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Turtletrekker and FreezeC77 like this.
  11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was a little hesitant about him, until I saw the first couple official photos, which were enough to convince he's at least got the look.
    At his age, I'm not surprised this happened. Hopefully it wasn't anything to serious.

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Ford has a rough injury history when it comes to returning to franchises 30 years after his last appearance. :lol:

Ovation likes this.
  13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I guess by now it is the age, as well as the mileage. :whistle:

14. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Reports are that Harrison needs shoulder surgery, and production may not be able to restart until September.

15. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

This is not a first for him and Indiana Jones. During the filming of Temple of Doom he had a really bad back injury. He needed surgery and his stunt man Vic Armstrong substituted for him for a long time. In full costume they looked almost identical. So Spielberg shot stunts without direct views of his face.

EDIT - so far it appears the reports of production shutting down until September comes from the New York Post. It’s a tabloid and the article is highly sensationalistic. Implying this is a disaster! I would be skeptical until more information comes forward. Just because Harrison Ford was injured does not mean the whole production needs to shutdown. There is a lot of other stuff that can be done while they wait for him. The solution I listed from Temple of Doom is another possibility.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    TheAlmanac, Saul and The Nth Doctor like this.
  16. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Perhaps time to start using that stunt double a bit more liberally...

Turtletrekker likes this.
  17. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Poor man! Who the hell thought it was OK to let a 78 year old do stunts?

18. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

The same guy who decided to play Indy again?

Complete respect to Harrison Ford here. It's not like he needs the money at this stage. He obviously loves the character and (deep down) the fans to play Indy at 78 years old. I respect the guy. If I was him I doubt I would do it. I would probably be on a beach somewhere just chillin. To have him come back as Han Solo, Deckard and Indiana Jones in these past few years is an absolute dream come true for movie goers. He can be as grumpy as he wants. I love the guy.

19. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Most of the fight on the conveyor belt is Vic Armstrong. There is also a shot after the spikes retract in the trap room where where you get a nice clean view of Vic Armstrongs face.

TheAlmanac and Dick Whitman like this.
  20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Harrison Ford out and about

[​IMG]

Also a better look at the possible MacGuffin device in the movie.

[​IMG]