Indiana Jones 5. It's official.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kelthaz, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

I actually enjoyed KotCS, though I understand the issues that many viewers had with it. Hopefully Lucas's absence will make for a superior production.

Kor

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Sigh. I wish I could be more excited for this, but after Indy 4 I'm finding it awfully hard to be.

4. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Flying monkeys? Hell.. Cross your fingers for no Shia!
    Don't get me wrong, I loved Indy 4. I'm that much of a fanboy... But Shia and his portrayal nearly ruined it for me. Thank God Ford IS Indiana Jones and carried the picture.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is happy news. While it wasn't at the level of the first three, I did enjoy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, so I don't have any kind of a grudge against the series. It will be interesting to see if the lack of Lucas has much of an impact.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm frankly surprised Spielberg would even want to do it without Lucas, given how instrumental he was in the creation of the character and how loyal Spielberg's been to him in the past (even when he disagreed on some of the storytelling choices).

7. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Licenced to Post Premium Member

Indy in the late 60s or even 1970. Never thought I'd see it happen.

8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I enjoyed Crystal Skull, even with what it ended up being as there were some good moments in it. Let's just hope they ground it a bit more.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a similar reaction. Crystal Skull had its problems (what movie doesn't?) But it's nowhere near as bad as some claim. I still think it's a better movie than Temple of Doom, but not as good as Last Crusade (my personal favorite of the series). I hope whatever 5 turns out to be continues that.

10. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Commodore Commodore

Ha! That's great news!

Turtletrekker likes this.
  11. Chekov's Phaser

Chekov's Phaser Waiting to be relevant. Premium Member

Hope springs eternal, so I am (perhaps naively) optimistic. Only in so much as maybe they can end on a better note than KotCS. I don't hate that movie as many others do, but I'll watch the first three anytime over Indy 4. Maybe they can do a Rocky 6 (not counting Creed since it isn't fully Rocky's story) and give Indy a much deserved swan song after a disappointing movie.

12. Kane2026

Kane2026 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I can only respond to this announcement with negativity. Harrison Ford is just too darn old for a role intended for a young man. He was the right age for the first two, borderline for the third and too old for the Crystal Skull. And those defending Crystal Skull, don't get me started. The movie seemed to be more of a spoof than a true Indiana Jones movie. The original three movies were deeply themed in archeology mixed with some fantasy, just enough to make you think it could have happened. It was wonderfully crafted escapism. The Crystal Skull ruined it with the convoluted plot, the CGI effects and Shia LeBeouf. It had its moments here and there, but not many. I just can't imagine how Indy 5 will work. Someone joked on another board that the tagline should be 'It belongs in a museum'.

13. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indiana Jones and the hunt for the emergency night nurse

Nyotarules and Random_Spock like this.
  14. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Licenced to Post Premium Member

20 more years and Ford could play the old Indy from the 90s series.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  15. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

#bringbackshia
    #justdoit

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm definitely interested in this. KotCS wasn't great, but I didn't hate it. Plus, not having Lucas or (hopefully) Shia will help it immensely. I'm a bit iffy about Ford as Indy, I actually thought he did well in KotCS but he'll be in his mid 70s by the time he films this. He definitely still has the acting ability, but physically I can't see him being convincing doing the same action stuff he used to do. They'll probably need a younger character for him to kind of mentor to do the physical stuff, which is basically what Shia was in KotCS, and that turned out badly. still, I'm definitely up to seeing it, and hopefully it will be a better Indy movie then the last one.

17. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

Ford is already almost as old as George Hall was when he played old Indy in 1992, though he was made up to look even older.

Kor

18. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

19. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd rather see a Melanie Griffith film festival than subject myself to another Ford dropping or a Spielberg hack-job. Except for WITNESS II or MUNICH 2, anyway. If we keep indulging, AIR FORCE ONE TWO is next.

20. Arrrrgggh

Arrrrgggh Captain Captain

Unless Shia is going to be in it, I'll be optimisitically excited. The moment he's announced, though, and I'll probably be one of those "wait for it on Netflix" people.