If there was a Star Trek anthology series what stories would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Soong-type Android, Apr 24, 2019.

1. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

Axanar and Captain Garth's descent into madness.

Soong-type Android likes this.
  2. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The official version.

3. King Daniel Beyond

The only version:lol:

Soong-type Android likes this.
  4. Thefallguy

Thefallguy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just rewatched “The wrath of Khan” and would be total up for an adventure in the Nicolas Meyer-Naval Trek-Red uniform era. With an unknown ship and crew.

RedAlert likes this.
  5. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

A show about Kurzon Dax, Federation diplomat and trouble-shooter would be pretty cool. Jumping from one crisis to the next each week. From Starbase to Starship, from the halls of the Federation inner circle to the farthest frontier settlements. I just don't think a man like Kurzon could work well in the pc society of today, though.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The adventures of a regiment of Starfleet Marines.

7. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek Life on Earth- how to go shopping with no currency
    Star Trek Life on Earth - Guess who is coming to dinner (what to do when your daughter has an alien lover)
    Star Trek Life on Earth - the fall and rise of the Fedexit party aka if we leave the Federation we're screwd

8. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

a few adventures aboard the astral queen. find out why her captain owes kirk multiple favors. also catch up with julie, isaac, goffer and doc.

what would have happen if burnham had been adopted by the kirk family instead? micheal would have ... okay stepsister or not lets admit it, jim would have banged her.

9. n3aak

n3aak Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I think it would be the most cost-efficient to do an American Horror Story thing and make each season a different story. I'd also love to see non-Starfleet settings: a colony, a cargo ship, maybe even a political drama set in the Federation council.

10. The Butter Phantom

The Butter Phantom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I said it in another thread, a Game of Thrones-style period-like fantasy drama exploring the Romulan-Vulcan War.

11. King Daniel Beyond

See I'd prefer the Diane Diane version be adapted: Where pre-reformation Vulcan is much like late 20th century Earth, and Surak is a boring data clerk by day but his internet blogging by night is fast becoming legend.

It would probably be a lot cheaper, too:lol:

n3aak likes this.
  12. eschaton

eschaton Commodore Commodore

I've suggested this before as well. Keep in mind that he was friends with Kang, Koloth, and Kor and ultimately played a major role in the Khitomer accords.

I think he'd make a great protagonist due to his flaws, like drinking and womanizing. Hell, if we want to go with the retcon that all joined Trill are pansexual to some degree, he can be a lecher to men as well.

arch101 likes this.
  13. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

The best way to do this is to invest in dead malls. Have sets built of all the series--and turn them into laser tag fan productions when not in use. Have a reality show about which fan film is the best.

14. eschaton

eschaton Commodore Commodore

I'm trying to think of a cheap way you could do anthology shows. The real problem, after all, is you don't want to have to build entirely new bridge sets for one-off episodes.

Maybe you have a setup where every single show is an away mission, and begins with beaming down to a planet? You could change up the characters, costumes, and props to signify different time periods. Probably would make sense to film in LA, because it allows you to have the diversity of different biomes that is lacking in Toronto.

15. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if Dax could have been one of the seated diplomats in the Khitomer conference scene at the end of TUC?

16. n3aak

n3aak Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What book is this, I'm curious?

17. King Daniel Beyond

Spock's World. And also The Romulan Way, which tells the story of the Romulan exodus and resettling.

18. RedAlert

RedAlert Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The origin of V'ger ...or the Whale Probe.
    The return to Delta Quadrant.
    Or a kind of wreck of a ship (the history of the USS Olympia on the Beta Quadrant) ...survival without technology could be interesting to see.

19. Cutie McWhiskers

Cutie McWhiskers Commodore Commodore

Like that episode from the other show, "All The World is Birthday Cake" - that's a perfect anthology style storyline.

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

He appeared to a hopped-up Oral Roberts as a 900 foot Jesus.