If there was a Star Trek anthology series what stories would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Soong-type Android, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Captain Captain

I believe the original concept for Star Trek: Discovery was to be an anthology series exploring different eras of Star Trek and with multiple Trek projects in the works there's a good chance this idea might be revived.

I'd love to see a story about the 1701's maiden voyage under the command of Robert April with Christopher Pike as first officer for instance. A story about the Romulan War (with atomic weapons!) would be good to see as well. What about stories about Eugenics Wars and the Enterprise B and C? Or how Data was discovered and his experiences at Starfleet Academy?

Any other suggestions?

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

All new characters, all new ships/stations, I want to see what we've never seen before.

Starflight likes this.
  3. Starflight

Starflight Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mainly all new stuff, but April showing up for an episode or two would be great. Like with Pike, he's someone who, if fleshed out properly, could fill in a blank and help the setting feel more detailed and coherent.

It might also be interesting to get glimpses of other Constitution-class ships around the time of TOS. We saw the Exeter and the Constellation after disasters struck them, and we saw their captains driven insane by what they'd encountered, but I feel like a story that shows what Decker or Tracey (and their crews) were like before we found them broken and crazy in TOS would be great. If done very carefully, it could enhance the impact of seeing how they ended up, just like with Pike.

Mainly though, it'd be best to see new stories with no direct connection to the existing shows. There's probably a lot of stories to tell about the other Galaxy-class ships, I don't remember ever getting much info on many of them.

dinzy and seigezunt like this.
  4. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I keep thinking that an Anthology series would be great.. as an animated series..
    you don't have to redress or reuse things, you can do Picards Stargazer years because all you need is a voice, you can jump around all you want.

As for April, I would hope that IF a Pike series/mini seris/movie would have him as a comadore or admial that would show up with his wife :)

5. Soong-type Android

Indeed. The incentive for the anthology approach is that you could get high profile directors and actors doing one off stories in any creative direction they want with any ship designs in any era. They wouldn't be hindered by having to adhere to any particular visual or creative direction and pretty much do what they want. It could be interesting.

6. Soong-type Android

That's actually a good idea. You could get the original TNG cast together to do an animated TNG movie and give them a proper send off which Nemesis failed to.

7. Cake

Cake Captain Captain

An anthology series named "first contacts" would be nice. Various ships and crews meeting new races. Ships could range from exploration vessels to specific science, diplomatic, medical, cargo, etc. vessels. Crews could also be different, maybe even some crews with no humans on board at all. And the new aliens would also add variety. It doesn't necessarily have to be the very first contact all the time. The next few follow up contacts to see the earliest steps of the Federation meeting a new race would also be interesting.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Qonundrum and Soong-type Android like this.
  8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The historic battle that would eventually pave the way for peace missions that made it possible for Kirk and Spock to be considered brothers.

Kor

Soong-type Android likes this.
  9. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to know whatever happened with 50-Foot Spock.

Ar-Pharazon and F. King Daniel like this.
  10. StefanM

StefanM Commander Red Shirt

As long as George Takei is still able to play Sulu, I would like to see at least ONE real USS Excelsior story under the command of Captain Sulu. Maybe the last voyage before his retirement. Maybe even with Chekov on his side.

11. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Star Trek Vanguard

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read a rumour that Disney were planning a "What if...?" Marvel series for Disney+, which would recast the expensive Avengers movie actors and tell versions of the stories where events happened differently (like if Loki were given the hammer by Odin instead of Thor). Trek already did this in the Myriad Universes novel series, and I think bringing it to TV would be cool. What if Spock never came back after STII? What if Saavik had Spock's son after IV? What about that crapsack universe where "The Borg are everywhere!" and Riker has the big hobo beard? What if the Enterprise-D found the Botany Bay? What if Nero destroyed Earth as well as Vulcan? What if Michael Burnham was adopted by Alex Marcus and not Sarek? What if Terra Prime succeeded and the was no Federation? What if Romulans saw Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight? Etc.

Of course, all the actors and sets would be "visually rebooted" to use new actors and existing Disco/S31/Picard sets and costumes.

Jayson1 and SeamusShameless like this.
  13. SeamusShameless

SeamusShameless Captain Captain

I love the Myriad Universes books, that would be a great premise for an anthology series. If they went animated, they could go crazy with it and show any number of out there divergent timelines without having to worry about sets and costuming.

Jayson1 and Nyotarules like this.
  14. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Cleaning up tribble feces on the Pakled homeworld

Shopping Spree: Ferenginar

Gul Dukat: The Toddler Years

Dinner and Drinks with Janice Lester

National Lampoon's Galorndon Core Vacation

Gabriel Lorca Stand-Up Comedy Hour

Harry Kim: The Shitty Misadventures Continue

Ronald Tracy's Prison Break

Star Trek C-Span- featuring High Comissioner Ferris, Ambassador Fox, and thrilling Federation Council debates

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    ChallengerHK likes this.
  15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

James the love instructor.

16. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Stories that are set in ' the lost era'' timeline

17. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

1. Gary Seven type set in 2019. (And who is that species behind the tech and training of the agents?).

2. We've seen Starfleet fighters. One set among one of the Fighter Wings.

3. Number One as Captain of her own ship.

4. Captain Sulu (John Cho or other younger actor).

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Tomed Incident

19. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My longtime fantasy would have been a "Sliders" kind of show where the crew of a ship hops from dimension to dimension. If nothing else it would shut up the "canon police" as you'd be in a different universe every week.

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

First Contact with the Cardassians

The Battle at Setlik 3

Anything happening between TUC and TNG

Anything after Voyager

The Nerendra 3 battle

The storyline leading up to the Treaty of Algernon