If Lon Suder had lived? (Basics Part II)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by marsh8472, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe so. He definitely stated he wanted to be of use. From the looks of it, the confinement was making him batty. (more than usual). Whether or not his intentions were genuine, I couldn't read myself.

What do you guys suppose? I'd be cautious like Janeway which wouldn't make me a fan of his.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tuvok took a scalpel to his brain.

Not the same person.

3. Abi Smith

Abi Smith Commander Red Shirt

The Doctor reengineers some of Seven's nanoprobes to suppress Suder's psychopathy, then we get a nice story about free will, self determination and rehabilatation.

4. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

... or Suder would have committed suicide, unable to face what he was (a psychopath) and what he became (someone who can "see" his previous actions and not understand/regret them), although the support brought by the Doctor and Tuvok.

5. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The new producer wanted to be done with Seska, Kazons and Suder once and for all. She wanted to bring Voyager back to its top-notch mediocrity and the brain-dead Kazon's were murdering the ratings.
    Also, I have zero-recollection of Suder outside of Basics, wasn't he only in like one or two other episodes?

6. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

He had to go, simply because he didn`t fit the stuffed shirt, follow orders at all costs mindset of Janeways merry gang.
    He was a great character, well acted, but he had to go because he was bad, not just bad, but insanely rotten to the core, with no moral compass.
    Saved the ship though.

7. Sareesataka

Sareesataka Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Should have given Neelix his walking papers and made Suder the new Ambassador and chef. Can you imagine sending Suder to be your ambassador when you meet new alien races? No one would dare mess with Voyager. And no one would complain about the cooking either.