Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by where'sSaavik?, Jan 19, 2003.
who'se hotter, tpol or hoshi,,,
or is that done?
Wah! Aren't my ideas good?
Here's an obvious one: rank the characters in order of preference (Archer, Porthos, Reed, T'Pol, etc) - or if the poll function can't do that, ask who their favorite character is. A slightly different idea but should yeild comparable results.
How about polls on individual characters? For example, there's a lot of controversy about the way the character of Archer is portrayed as is evidenced by the current thread on the subject. You could set up a poll to see where bbs'ers stand. Something like
1.I love him as is. Archer is perfect.
2.I like the flawed Archer, but give a little more explanation for context and contiuity.
3.The flaws make Archer interesting, but give more consistency in the weekly presentation. He's too back and forth.
4.Archer is too flawed. Let him learn those "lessons" pronto so the story can move forward.
5.The character is too flawed. Get a different captain.
Or, since we talk about Archer a lot already, how about a similar poll on Mayweather, Phlox, Hoshi?
Another poll could be on posters' ideas about what they want the series to be like:
1. Keep the focus on the relations between the regulars--the plots are just ways to get them interacting.
2. More space battles. More CGI.
3. More aliens, especially the kind who stand in for current events (eg the Tandaran/Suliban conflict)
4. Fewer "forehead aliens" more concept aliens. To quote A4T (I think) "Where are all the beings of light?"
5. More plots exploring the founding of the federation and/or the Vulcan/Andorian conflct.
6. More TCW
7. Less TCW
8. More "high concept" science fiction/different organization of the universe, etc.
^ I like those, Bucky. Right now we've got like 2 or 3 polls running which is more than enough. I think I'll save that one for next week or maybe the next.
Thanks, but hey, never hurts to have a reserve file.
BTW: I like your avatar; is it you or your ideal self?
(porn removed - T'Bonz)
What about something about us? Like How much do you consider yourself a trek fan?
1. I buy books and watch the shows
2. I just watch the shows
3. I buy anything ST that I can get my hands on
4. I just watch the movies
Ect. you get what I mean. There could be tons of variations to this as well.
The website that you are refering to is probably http://embark.to/startrek1 my poll site
Polls? Okay ...
1) Doesn't that little "You Won Click Here" bother the **** out of you? (answer: yes)
2) If Vulcan has a EarthBBS.com, is pornography banned there altogether: (after all, NC-17 there is probably about age 4)
3) Isn't that Where's Saavik shirt cool?
4) Isn't Where's Saavik cool (well, I think so)
5) Isn't Kristie Ally-Cat not cool? (I think not)
6) What do you think about President Bush's State Of the Uniion Speech? (okay ... my own thoughts here: http://www.gulf1.com/Letters/_disc1/00000265.htm )
7) Why isn't there a U.N. name for a Space Shuttle yet?
(duplicate of 6 - sorry)/
Is there a Shuttle in orbit right now? (as of posting: answer yes ... and interest in it even less than the dimishued interest in this new cookie-tracking anyone can track and hack anyone TREK BBS ... thanks Christian ... please send the $300 refund for this crap to ... John Sullivan ... SPEX Productions ... P.O. Box 11656 Pensacola FL 32524-1656 or just check out the links available at http://www.endlesswonder.com
9) Just kidding, Christian. You kept Lisa on board (that shape-shifting crap "click here" stuff at right really bothering me now, though)
10) Is Sadam H. a Trek fan? Well the correct answer, of course, is not for long.
11) Why is it that all of the Democrats who were in the House and Senate (a foreign language to the "axis of evil" in Syria, Saudia Arabia, Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Iran, and North Korea, I know ... and in case #6 didn't mention you - don't worry ... your day is coming unless you start listening to your people, instead of using them as human shields or askng them to be suicide bombers because you're too chicken**** to do it yourself) in support of Bill Clinton's 1998 strike on Iraq while being against Bush's proposed removal of Sadam H?
Perhaps this would be better:
1) Boxers or Briefs?
2) ST-TOS, ST-TAS, ST-TNG, ST-DS9, ST-VOY, ST-ENT ... which is the best?
3) If Gene Roddenberry's ashes would have been deposited at 5555 Melrose Lane instead of on the Moon, would Star Trek be any better today?
4) Should se feature any straights on Star Trek?
5) Isn't this the best Star-Trek site on the Internet? (ansser= yes)
Well, that's about it for now. Except for that little shaking banner on the right was hopefully put up so that Sadam H. would say "just shoot me."
Out of all ^ that , I actually like #1 - Which banner ad drives you absolutely friggin NUTS!!!??? My top three: 1) James Bond (it reloaded and restarted at full volume again and again and again) ; 2) Halloween H20 DVD release (that theme came on softly while you were down the page - scared the crap out of me!) ; 3) ANYTHING THAT STROBES
Seriously, (well), a poll on
Who do you think has shown the best acting chops so far on Enterprise (main cast only)?
I'd love one on "What does bashing achieve?" but that's off topic I'm sure.
And Bucky, I think I said that, but I'm going to deny it for now.
Idea For Poll: Quickest Quickie
Idea for poll:
Should we have polls?
yeah I got an idea. Let anyone make a poll. Then we'd get some better goddamned polls.
Bashers... Who was it who said that this BBS should all be about love....?
Repressed homoerotic tendencies manifesting as a desire to sublimate sexual inadequacy into physical or mental abuse... no, can't see how there's a poll idea in there.
So... why are the polls restricted? Is there anything especially sensitive in their makeup that would endanger the BBS? Couldn't defective polls be swiftly eliminated like an unwanted thread or a stalker boy poster?
Yes. So very true. Despite the restraining order you just won't go away - or change your views. Most banal.
Gentlemen, of all the places to start a pissing match, don't start one in the thread pinned to the top of the forum by an Admin.
If anyone would like to discuss policies and procedures of the BBS they can take that to the QSF forum. This thread is here to continue soliciting ideas for polls in the forum.
How about a poll rating the ship captains and XOs from the main ship or station (ds9) in each of the series. You could rate them on ... military bearing, grace under pressure, treatment of there subordinates, etc.
Sorry, for "XOs" substitute "First Officers". XO=executive officer. My mistake.
Separate names with a comma.