I hope Strange New Worlds brings back Ash Tyler every now and then.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by Quinton, Aug 17, 2020.

1. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to agree. I like "Discovery," but the one thing about the show that grates on me so far is Ash. His entire character is just a walking angst fetish. It honestly feels like someone on the writing staff compiled the lead character's love interest out of fanfiction cliches, without understanding that the entire basis of angsty fanfiction is that it's a character we already know, who's already fully developed.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then people will complain they are ripping off VOY.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only people I would like to see are Chieffo and Isaacs, but that's more because I like Chieffo and Isaacs.

BillJ likes this.
  4. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought Tyler had a really interesting story in the first season of Discovery. I really enjoyed his whole is he or isn't he a Klingon. But, after all that was resolved at the end of the season, his storyline seemed pretty much wrapped up.

I didn't like him in season two. At all. It felt like he was forced into the storyline. There was nothing about him that was likable at all -- and while that may have been the point, I just didn't think he worked. I'd prefer not to see him again.

5. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Wait, it's that mean that we can't allow Pike, Spock, and Number One on SNW either? As they were Disco season 2 regular?

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I believe the operative word in @BillJ post was "Discovery-created" (emphasis added). I would be hard pressed to argue that Pike, Spock and Number One were created for Discovery.

Jinn and BillJ like this.