How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Yes, they sure seems like the people whop whisks together a wedding within a week.

2. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

He didn't actually do that. He wished he did. How could he have known he will meet her in 45 days?

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^he did...in 2030 hence my use of the word "scenario" :vulcan:

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to see an episode where they flashback and insert her into some of the scenes where they insinuate that she was there (Ted's class, the club, the roommate, etc). Ted still can't have contact with her, but still, going back and redoing those scenes with her would be kind of cool.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've seen people say similar things, and I agree. It would be really neat.

6. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

It's almost a guarantee that we'll see those, plus maybe other close calls. It would be terrible fan service to not do those things!

I'm still holding out hope that they are able to get someone like Lori Loughlin to do some voiceovers about how she met Ted, even if it's only for one episode. Scrubs did a couple of those episodes every season where someone else narrated for a while (Those episodes were usually called "His..." or "Her..." instead of "My..." like all the other episodes) and the show is told through someone else's perspective.

7. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ And, of course, the funny part would be that she can tell her side of the story in one episode or less. :lol:

8. tighr

No spoilers, but the way the recently released season of Arrested Development plays out gives me hope for this final season of HIMYM. An entire season of the show that takes place more or less over a 5 year period of time, but mostly surrounding a few specific times of interest.

I could see HIMYM using this model for the wedding weekend, having each episode focus on the point of view of one of the characters, with cameos by the other characters. We'd also get the chance to see the Mother interacting with Ted way early in the run, but he'd "meet" her several times, each from the point of view of several of the other characters.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Mother only have five characters plus the Mother, though. And 22 episodes to fill.

10. tighr

22 minutes per episode instead of the 30-35 of Arrested Development...

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shit.

I thought there was two more episodes left this season until about an hour ago.

:(

Casey and Keegan?

I could see Casey's character planing several contingency surprise weddings for just in case.

Losing 40,000 grand a year in nonrefundable deposits is more than worth the cost of possibility not missing out on a narrow nuptial window.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I went ahead and got Netflix (well, just free trial for now) so I could do a marathon viewing of the show. I currently have six episodes left of season 2.

As for the mother, I have a theory on who she is, now I know we've all seen her in the final and know who she is:

If you recall in about the first season, Ted signs up for a dating service that is supposed to match him up with his soulmate. He eventually does get matched up with a girl that is incredibly compatible with him, only he skips out on the date so he can hook up with Robin. I believe we'll find out that this "perfect" girl is in fact the Mother. Something I hope they bring up over the course of the final season.

13. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wife came up with that idea as well. I hope it turns out to be true.

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

HIMYM is always been exceptionally good (especially considering it's a com) at this sort of thing.

I got to think Bays and Thomas are scouring every episode looking for every nibblet they can stick into the final season.

15. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, i have every confidence that they will wrap ever thread up and pull off an amazing finale. Especially now that it won't be rushed in any way.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Just a thing that occured to me..

Boy, the writers really did bring Ted low this season. There's jus been so much dark for him and he really got desperate and sad that at times i really felt sorry for him.

As much quality the show lost during the years i'm really excited to see the final season and everything unfold for the better for Ted. Everyone else got happy and their wishes fulfilled and it's really time for Ted to get happy for the rest of his life.

17. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This is a really dumb question... but a cursory Google search hasn't really done much for me here...

Does anyone remember if Ted and the gang ever went to the opera, or to the theater to see a play or musical in the past eight seasons?

I feel like I remember something like this happening, but I just can't seem to pinpoint it. Would love some help clarifying.

Thank you in advance!

18. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I can only remember the one time back in season 2, when they went to see Lily in an off-off-off-off Broadway play followed by Barney putting on a one man show followed by Marshall slapping the bejesus out of him (That's two!).

There may be others. Not sure.

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

^Yeah, I remember that one. Part of me feels like there's an episode with the whole gang in the theater, despertely trying to stay awake during the show because its important to one of them. But I could also be imaginging it/mixing it up with another sitcom. But I feel like in eight seasons, there HAS to have been an episode where they go to a Broadway show, or see a play or something of that nature...

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Friends had several scenes like that, mostly with them watching Joey in some horrible play.