How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I've never seen seasons 1-3 on Blu-Ray, and the Season 1 DVDs that I've seen are cropped to 4x3 as well. Hopefully they would get released eventually, considering the show's popularity.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ They might release a complete series set on Blu-ray.

As for that ending, I'm still pretty jazzed about it too. It's the biggest moment in the series so far.

3. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Thought the back and forth between Marshall and the guy on the phone was hilarious.

4. Agent Richard07

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've been searching on youtube but I haven't found something like this. But I think it'd be cool for someone to edit together a montage of all the Mother sightings throughout the show.

If someone has the time and all the DVD's I present this as a challenge to you, it's something I'd really like to see :)

6. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Challenge Accepted!

Not really, I have no idea how to do that. I just wanted to say challange accepted.
    :lol:

That was the funniest part of the episode. That guy was a real good sport about the whole conversation.

I've been very excited about last nights episode all day. I can't wait for next year. When it's all over I'm going to watch the DVRs of the entire season all back to back to see the whole wedding weekend in one shot.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I think this show may finally push me into getting Netflix. What better way to get ready for the final season then to do an all summer marathon of the entire series.

8. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As awesome as the final moments were, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Casey Wilson (late of Happy Endings) and Keegan Michael Key. I loved their couple and it would have been interesting if they had a longer story, sort of a season-long rivalry with Ted and Robin.

As far as IMDB goes, I find this thread more entertaining than those crying for Robin to be the mother.

9. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Is Ted really going to sit and drool over the mother while she plays during the wedding, as seen earlier, but not talk to her until they meet eachother at the train station? Which they made clear in the season eight premiere, didn't the`y?

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

HIMYM Final Season Will Take Place Entirely Over Barney & Robin's Wedding Weekend

:lol:

11. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

5 characters to focus on.
    48 hours in a weekend.
    32 waking hours
    160 hours of characters "doing stuff".
    24 episodes per season.

It can be done, but I guess that means we've seen the last of the apartments and McClaren's sets save flashbacks.

12. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

The way they "Deep Fry" the show with flashbacks and flashforwards, I could see them still making it interesting.

13. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I expect minimal time to actually be spent at the wedding-proper. I expect flashbacks and flashforwards. And flash-sideways. And I expect them to learn the lesson from LOST's failure to utilize the same techniques.

We know that they screentested the mother with Ted, so they will share scenes next season, otherwise it's useless.

14. Agent Richard07

'How I Met Your Mother': How Cristin Milioti got the mother of all roles -- EXCLUSIVE

I expect them to do one or two episodes that show past events from the mother's perspective, so bring on season 9 indeed. It definitely won't be more of the same.

15. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. the series has always been pretty creative in the way they play around with that sort of thing. One of the reasons I've kept watching.

16. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There have been some clues that it won't be that simple. We've been clued in to the existence of her ex-boyfriend and Ted has a bandaged hand while sitting at the station. The two things are probably related.

17. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The season ended with 56 hours until the wedding. I'm not sure if they plan to jump ahead a few hours, or pick up right away. I like the season being the whole weekend, instead of the rumored just one day. It gives us a little more to work on. Premiere to Thanksgiving could be the first day, Thanksgiving to roughly February could be the second day, and the rest of the season could be the wedding day.

18. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was wondering if they will reappear next season. They might be going to get married that same weekend.:guffaw:

19. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

I assumed they hade broken up by the wedding, but you may be right. Perhaps Ted fights him over her!

20. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Might explain Ted's comment about Louis (I think) punching him in the scenario where he ran to her apartment 45 days before they actually met.