How about a sequel?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, Jun 10, 2020.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe not a sequel, but what is the harm of bringing back some of the races from Enterprise. Let's see the Denobulans again, or better yet, bring back the Xindi. I really loved the idea of The Xindi and think they could be explored further.

RedAlert and (deleted member) like this.
  2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a Xindi crewmember in the forthcoming Lower Decks animated series!

3. tomalak301

was that in the trailer? I didn’t even notice.

4. F. King Daniel

Not in the trailer, but one of the artists released some key art a few weeks ago.

5. tomalak301

Do you have a link or a picture? I tried searching and couldn't find anything yet.

6. marlboro

marlboro Guest

7. F. King Daniel

tomalak301 likes this.
  8. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

It would be easy to push the clock forward ten years on Enterprise, get the crew back together and see how they've developed / aged, within the confines of Trek timeline.
    Or at least some of the crew, let's face it, there's no getting away from Trip being, erm, dead.
    Some of the old guard like T'pol, Reid and Archer, with fresh new blood introduced onto the bridge for a crucial mission into deep space.
    Short season of 12 shows perhaps.

9. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Nah, Trip's not dead. Open with T'Pol waking up and finding Trip in the shower, a la Bobby in "Dallas." TATV was just a dream.

Or open with Barclay in a bar regaling someone with the story of that time he messed with Riker's head by reprogramming the holodeck and whipping up a fake Enterprise with fake characters doing fake things as a backdrop for Riker to play psychodrama dress-up or whatever the hell he was doing in there.

And then just do an Enterprise story with the regular cast, including Trip married to T'Pol, reuniting for something ten years later. NO TNG. No Trip spying for Section 31. Just a bunch of heroes who fought the Romulan War and helped win it.

RedAlert and Reanok like this.
  10. RedAlert

RedAlert Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think that the ages of the birth of the federation is a great era to explore.
    I still keep my fingers crossed to see how and what happened there.

11. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whenever it's set, make no mention of the actors obvious increased ages.

Set it mid way through the Earth-Romulan war, not the begining nor the end, no politicians, admirals or grand strategies. The Enterprise is on yet another combat mission, the focus is on the one ship.

Delta Vega likes this.
  12. WildManWizard

WildManWizard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

anything to bring tripp back, and undo the insult of the last eppy

13. Admiral Jean-Luc Picard

Admiral Jean-Luc Picard Commander Red Shirt

I wouldn't call the finale an insult. "Terra Prime" would have been a good finale to the show. "These Are the Voyages...." was a good concept rusher into production and really should have been a two-parter or TV movie finale like the othet shows. Trip's death was meant to be an emotional sacrifice. I didn't mind him being killed off since it was the last episode. It was just done badly.

14. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 Commander Red Shirt

The books are the sequels. Trip isn’t dead.

ialfan likes this.
  15. Admiral Jean-Luc Picard

To me, the books are fan fiction. All I mean by that is they aren't written by people who worked on the show.

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

And? The most likely outcome of an Enterprise revival would be an all new set of writers. People move on.

17. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 Commander Red Shirt

in my personal head canon, there are multiple futures and multiple versions of the characters and multiple outcomes, etc. Neither the books or the abomination that is the final episode are my preferred versions. The version I prefer actually is an extremely well written fan fiction series by an author called blue n black that starts with a story called For Want of a Nail. But the books were sanctioned and officially published and are as close to a canon sequel as we are likely to get.

18. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not really interested in the Novelverse either, but the novels or fanfiction are the only sequels/continuations you are going to get.
    The writers and producers of the show have moved on and the actors have not only moved on but have aged out of their characters.
    So if you want a continuation to Enterprise your only likely options are reading the novels, reading fanfiction or writing some yourself.

BillJ likes this.
  19. Admiral Jean-Luc Picard

Not necessarily. We can always see characters return as holograms, time traveling agents (TCW), and so on. At this point, I'd settle for a guest star crossover, like when Scotty popped up on TNG.

Nonsense. Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan returned to their characters after 20 hears without a hitch.

I prefer to read original fiction, not fiction based off television programs. The same goes for writing. I am writing my own science-fiction novel.

20. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And if you notice Patrick Stewart is no longer the captain of the Enterprise and Jeri Ryan is no longer an unofficial science officer.
    Expecting Scott Bakula to still play the captain of the Enterprise with all the other actors in their old positions is unrealistic is what I was saying.
    Plus Picard and Seven were a lot more popular.
    As do I, I'm not a fan of licensed fiction. I was merely pointing out that it's the most likely way you get a continuation.

fireproof78 likes this.