Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Top41, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think without the overwhelming McGarrett presence it worked well on 5-0. A few hours to NCIS:LA

2. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How fun was that?! I thought this was one of the most well done cross overs I've seen. The characters were spot on throughout and the actors played off of one another perfectly. Its rare that I laugh out loud watching TV, but NCIS:LA got me a couple of times. I would be all for them doing more.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah it was a fun ep. The whole Schnauzer thing between Danno and Dekes was hilarious. :guffaw:

4. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I also enjoyed the crossover a lot, certainly much better than that previous ep of 5-O where Kenzie showed up for 2 minutes. And I don't usually watch NCIS:LA, but I enjoyed the conclusion on that show as well.

5. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I liked the crossover a lot! Just a really good story... possible outbreak/biological warfare stories are usually pretty interesting.

I don't watch NCIS:LA, so I don't know the characters well, but what I saw of them, I liked. Both halves of the crossover were good, and I notice the same three people wrote both episodes (two Hawaii writers and one NCIS: LA one), which is probably why it felt more cohesive and the characters felt consistent--they were represented by writers from their respective shows in both episodes, rather than H5-0 writers trying to write the NCIS: LA characters in the first episode and vice versa in the second. A smart move IMO.

Also, Danno pining for Steve is kind of adorable. I can't believe he went to Steve's house looking for the Shelburne stuff. I bet Danno gives Steve a lot of grief when he gets back! Hell hath no fury like Danno when he thinks he's been slighted. ;)

6. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I thought the crossover was a lot of fun, for a lot of the reasons you stated above.

While I'll occasionally watch NCIS, I've never been able to get into LA, in part because I'm not a huge fan of either of the leads. They work well together, though, and I might give it another shot. Also loved seeing Linda Hunt as their boss. I've been a fan of hers ever since she played the principal in Kindergarten Cop.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved the crossover. I hope they do another one so Alex O'Laughlin can participate. The Steve/Danno relationship would make it even better

8. Top41

Great episode tonight! It was great to have McGarrett back, and to have him and Danno going right back to their bantering. I love the two of them bickering and teasing each other.

Loved Danny being lippy with the CIA guys even after they kidnapped him and tied him to a chair. Danny just doesn't know when to back down! I love how stubborn he is.

The reunion at the end was really sweet--loved seeing all of the team back together. Steve was definitely missed. I'm worried that Wo Fat isn't out of cards to play yet... he seemed to be really studying the team when Steve reunited with them... I think he realized Steve has another family of sorts he could use against him.

Also, did the preview actually give away
    who is going to die in the finale? It looks like Max get shot. My money was totally on Joe White....

9. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

when we saw the promo I noticed Max getting shot then my wife thought it was Kono being thrown overboard. So they are in full deception mode.

10. Top41

They are! But I don't think Kono--or any one of the main four--dies. My guess would be it's Max, since he clearly got shot. Story-wise, I really would have thought it was Joe.

Also, random possible continuity error: in the first scene with Danny and the CIA (after they kidnapped him), it looked like his hands were handcuffed (separately) to the arms of the chair, but then in the scene where the guy freed him, it looked like they were tied. Did anyone else notice that or did I just mis-see something in one of the scenes? It seems like a pretty big thing for them to get wrong...

11. cardinal biggles

I'd have to watch it again, I honestly didn't notice how he was strapped to the chair in the first scene. When the bonds were cut, though, it looked like they'd used zip-ties rather than cuffs or tape or anything else.

They never show the promos On Demand, so I'll be very interested to see who dies. I hope it's not Max, I really enjoy how they've used him this season. My money was on Joe, too.

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm inclined to think both Max and Kono won't die because they decided to show them in harm's way in the teaser for the finale. That leaves Joe White (my pick) and Charlie Fong as the most likely to bite a bullet.

Of course, McGarrett's sister could always show up and be in peril like every other time she's appeared on the show. :lol:

13. cardinal biggles

My money's still on Joe White, only because if either Grace Park or Masi Oka were leaving the show, you'd think there'd be a rumor out by now.

14. Enterprise is Great

yeah, in the internet age a series regular leaving a show is hard to keep secret...almost impossible.

15. Top41

My money is still on Joe, but the preview sure makes it look like it's Max, since he obviously gets shot.

I'm also wondering why we don't see Danny in the preview. Not that I think he'd be the one who dies--no way--but I wonder if he's in some other kind of jeopardy.

Definitely zip ties in the second scene. But I swear during the first one they were handcuffs. I'm probably wrong, but I'll probably watch the ep again at some point, so I'll pay better attention the second time around.

16. Enterprise is Great

What the frak was Kono thinking? Hooking up with the son of the head of the Yakuza in Hawaii? Not smart...even if they guy was trying to go straight (and it looked like it that he was minus the going after Wo Fat thing) because there's always going to be someone from the old guard who won't want to go legit. Not a good year for female cops on CBS...first on Unforgettable the female cop dates the son of a mob boss and now Kono..and both go sideways.

The episodes without Steve were good but it feels like 5-0 again with him back. More great Steve/Danno banter and I kind of teared up a little when the team was getting all warm and fuzzy with each other at the end of the episode.

Next week looks like another insane 5-0 season finale.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The death will be Tom Sizemore's character. :lol:

18. Enterprise is Great

Was that one of the Baldwin brothers in the preview for the season finale?

19. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. It was William who appeared earlier this season as part of Kono's gone evil storyline.

20. Top41

^Yeah, she took him down. Looks like maybe he's back and seeking revenge?