Hasbro's Power Rangers era and General Tokusatsu discussion

What?! An "Abaranger 20 year" special too?!

cf2a22b3d6df917c3baed78072ebd798.png

WPkVxB1.jpg

G61S0h1.jpg

vBzYJBv.jpg

xx1b9Ct.jpg

Last edited:
Today’s the day! Tangent Knights 3: Gemini Ascendant, the epic conclusion to my tokusatsu-inspired full-cast audio drama trilogy from Graphic Audio, is now on sale as a download (with MP3 CD release to follow in mid-December).

https://www.graphicaudio.net/tangent-knights-3-gemini-ascendant.html

At the moment, it’s exclusively available at the above link, but it will soon become available at other audiobook sites such as Audible and Google Play. I’ll update links on my Tangent Knights page when the time comes. And I’ll update the page with annotations once I get a chance to listen to it myself and add the time codes.
tangent_knights_3_gemini_ascendant-1.jpg

I’m really happy that the complete trilogy is finally out, and I’m hoping I’ll get the chance to do a second "season" of Tangent Knights. But whether GraphicAudio asks for more depends on how well the first trilogy sells. So if you haven’t tried out Tangent Knights already, I hope you’ll give it a shot.

Looks to be true...

Mike Bronzoulis, his trainer and close friend, posted a photo of the two on Facebook with the caption, "RIP my brother from another mother Jason David Frank I'm still in shock I'm feeling terrible he called left me a message and I took to long Jason was a good friend to me and I will miss him. Love n prayers for his wife Tammy and their kids, I prey that God gets yall through this difficult time."

Rumours now saying it was suicide :(

I don’t want to believe it. JDF means so much to so many fans. He’s been the face of the franchise for nearly 30 years.

Rest In Peace, Sir. We love you and may the power protect you.

Last edited:
Awfully sad news. He was the face of the franchise. The green and white rangers were the coolest.

Last edited:
Damn, this is really sad news. He was one of my favorite cast members of MMPR, and I know after that he went on to be huge part of the franchise. RIP.

We don’t know all the details of his personal life, but from what has been released. JDF was in an understandably bad spot.

His step-daughter died last year, his mother died this year in August and his wife (of 19 years) filed for divorce in October.

TMZ has reported that his wife Tammie called the police around 5:00 am. She was concerned for his safety after the two had an argument in a hotel room. They were staying in separate rooms.

Be warned about reading the following.
Police discovered Frank in his hotel room in the bathroom after he had hung himself.

Tammie Frank’s Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClQD8hdMVRl/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

tammie_frank “The loss of my soulmate. Jason, I can’t go on without you! You are my world! Yes we had our struggles like any marriage. But months ago we both agreed it was worth saving. Deep conversations, vulnerability, forgiveness on both our parts. I am deeply lost, hurt and utterly destroyed. I lost my one and only true love. I am your forever “Firecracker” baby…till we’re together again.

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't actually suicide. I guess once again this just shows that even being popular and successful doesn't always protect you from that kind of thing.

They're coming.

dnMoaxa.jpg

Teaser from this month's magazine for next months issue(end of December) for King-Ohger. I can make out the shoulder capes.

Last edited:
Ooh, capes! Those are fun. I think the only previous teams with capes in their default form were Gorenger, JAKQ, Magiranger, and Lupinranger.

Studying the helmet silhouettes, I get a sense that they might be bird-themed. If so, that'd make it the first fully bird-themed team since Jetman.

GraphicAudio is now offering the entire Tangent Knights audio novel trilogy as a single set, and from now through December 11, the entire set is available at a 65% discount! You can get 21 hours of full-cast, fully dramatized audio, the equivalent of an entire season of tokusatsu action, drama, and comedy, for only $23.09 as a download or $41.95 in MP3 CD format. That’s the entire trilogy for close to the price of a single book. (The individual volumes are also discounted.)

https://www.graphicaudio.net/tangent-knights-series-set.html

Back