Hasbro's Power Rangers era and General Tokusatsu discussion

A toy shop who's had a good track record with details claims to have details on the 2023 sentai

https://twitter.com/SentaiFive/status/1575559025374400512/photo/1

weDLRNP.jpg

An insect theme is fairly novel for SS, though we had beetle-themed "Sixth" Rangers in Go-Busters. Of course, it's frequently been done in Kamen Rider, and occasionally in Metal Heroes, e.g. with the Kabuto B-Fighter series that Saban adapted as the dreadfully dumb Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Perhaps I should say an arthropod theme, since spiders are arachnids, not insects.

But it's weird to give the team a name that has no connection to its theme, aside from your observation about the "king" kanji resembling six legs.

But it's weird to give the team a name that has no connection to its theme, aside from your observation about the "king" kanji resembling six legs.

Bugs have a hierarchy/ kingdom

A queen and worker ants/ worker bees etc etc. This might play into a knight theme

Hasbro Pulse Con Day 1 details. Aside from new figures details we got some info on "Cosmic Fury"

Starts at 42 minute mark

Main point

-Original suits and ground fights will 100% created on their own.
-Mecha footage will be from Kyuranger

Fd7KKJFXwAEWc7y

-Original suits and ground fights will 100% created on their own.
-Mecha footage will be from Kyuranger

Interesting. Kind of a hybrid approach.

In one of the new episodes, they briefly muse about the possibility of a Ranger team having crystal-based powers, which made me suspect they were going for Kiramager next. But I guess that could be a tease for Kyuranger stuff too.

Walter Emmanuel Jones and David Yost are coming back for the 30th anniversary special

Fd7KEXnaMAIBVQO

"Cosmic Fury" will be 10 episodes long. Each episode will be 40 minutes long. So basically half of a season in the new Hasbro era.

Walter Emmanuel Jones and David Yost are coming back for the 30th anniversary special

Fd7KEXnaMAIBVQO

"Cosmic Fury" will be 10 episodes long. Each episode will be 40 minutes long. So basically half of a season in the new Hasbro era.
Billy was my favorite. I'm happy to see him coming back, especially given the way he left the show.

Icing on the cake would be if Billy came back as the Phantom Ranger. Not sure if the comics origin count as canon, but I remember he was one of the characters speculated to be behind the mask during Turbo's run.

Interesting. Kaijin as an oppressed minority?

Yes. They are going for a "black lives matter" angle with the Kaijin

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1464172082749591557

FFGCjYdakAAdap-

FFGCno8aMAAHgsa

Oh boy. I don't like their track record with this, especially since, you know, Kamen Rider Black RX was one who committed a genocide on an entire planet, not to mention unrelated shows like Kamen Rider Drive being one of the most racist allegories the franchise has written. Maybe they'll be better with this one, maybe not.

Hopefully the adult audience of this series means the writers will tackle it with a bit more nuance than Rider usually does. The franchise's last attempt at civil rights discussion was Zero-One, which ended with... Aruto continuing to sell the robots as workers, but just being 'friendly' about it.

Oh boy. I don't like their track record with this, especially since, you know, Kamen Rider Black RX was one who committed a genocide on an entire planet, not to mention unrelated shows like Kamen Rider Drive being one of the most racist allegories the franchise has written. Maybe they'll be better with this one, maybe not.

I get the impression that this version of Kotaro is fighting alongside Shadow Moon instead of against him, for what that's worth.

I didn't notice anything racist about Drive. Indeed, I was struck by how sympathetic its villains were, how the most tragic and heart-wrenching moments were the deaths of the main villains.

The Kamen Rider Black Sun series releases tomorrow. But before that, the belt.

I love how they treat the belt like it's a high end watch.

Back