Harlan Ellison Dead at 84

EllisonWonderland.jpg

:(:(:( ....The 3 Guardians are in mourning.

There's a now-famous photo of him posing between Shatner and Nimoy on the set of "Mudd's Women" that kind of suggests how long he was involved and working on his COTEOF script. I'd post it here, but I'm at work and the firewall is a butch.

I found his work when I was a morose teenager, and it was just what I needed at the time - both a kindred spirit, and a good kick in the ass.

Here you go:

Thanks. I'm home for the moment and out from behind my employer's firewall. Here's the version I have:
harlanellison3578122787_d0ee8a.jpg

Leonard and Bill signed it to Harlan. I have no reason to doubt the autographs are real in this web image.

There's also a fake version of this photo floating around, in which Harlan has been removed and the two stars are seemingly hugging just each other.

Ellison used that photo as the cover to the 1996 edition of his original screenplay for "City":
cvforever.jpg

Its adorable. Ellison looks like a scared kid in the middle even though we all know he's not.
From the inscription it looks like Nimoy and Shatner really liked the guy.

Harlan Ellison I loved everything you wrote even better than your television scripts. Your short stories as a vision of our collective future terrified me more than any Stephen King novel and made me think.
Who's going to keep the bastards honest now?

RIP Harlan Ellison

HE always claimed 5' 5". Other sources say closer to 5' 3". A giant in talent, though. FWIW, I think most sources said Shatner was about 5' 9" at the time. Nimoy was about 6'-6' 1".

Sir Rhosis, 6' 2"

Back