Half in the Bag

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bishop76, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweet! Now, for sake of Pete, let's not have any PT review debates in this thread. :p

3. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I don't get it. I couldn't get through the first two minutes.

It was supposed to be comedy, right?

4. Bishop76

:bolian:

5. Gaith

No, it's supposed to be the chronological first installment of the six-movie Star Wars series... but I already asked for no PT debates here! ;) :p

Edit: Okay, that was really funny. The Paul review ran too long, and should have been edited down, but the Con stuff was great. Poor Jake... And it was fun not seeing Plinkett B, and the ending... I appreciate how they're making an effort to keep the audience guessing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  6. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

In a word: Mundane.

7. Bishop76

It is mundane but it is also just a review show meant to be easily produced and put out weekly.

Though the Paul review was a bit too long, the comic con stuff was great.

8. Greylock Crescent

Meh ... The gushing Paul review was awkward at best, but the Comic Con footage was really no different or better than any other Comic Con footage/coverage I've seen. The clip, though quite long, was certainly nowhere near as entertaining as the reviews. Which, admittedly, at least have some entertainment value to them.

9. Bishop76

I will say this much for it, though - I was ready to dismiss Paul entirely and now I'm actually considering going to see it based on this review.

10. Greylock Crescent

Well, if you put stock into Stoklasa's opinions -- regardless of how they are delivered -- then I can certainly understand how your opinion of Paul could be altered by the commentary. No issues there. But as a video clip, "Episode 3" is rather underwhelming ... particularly by RLM standards.

11. Bishop76

Aside from the obvious fact that I generally agree with Stoklasa (still not sure what the hell he was thinking on that Battle: LA review), it was more that I thought Paul was going to be a stupid stoner comedy and I'm happy to hear it is still in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

12. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  13. Bishop76

Sweet - can't wait to get home and watch it

14. Gaith

Another hilarious ep.

15. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Meh. I started skipping through Episode 3, as it was kinda boring. Thought it was funny when the guy was talking about relying on dumb vulgarity. How does Episode 3 start? A bunch of vulgarity.

16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's your sign.:techman:

17. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

This is a pretty funny series for my tastes. I liked Stolkasta (spelling?) take on 3d... "I've seen in 3d my whole life!" lol

I actually want to see Battle of LA at some point now. Not that I'm expecting a masterpiece, just interested for the eye candy and not have to sit through the typical cliche's in other movies with similar settings.

18. Bishop76

I completely disagree with Stoklasa on Battle LA - I thought it was absolutely loaded front to back with cliche. I mean, I actually can't tell you a character's name from that movie, I refer to them by their cliche.

19. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

Interesting. His description of Cloverfield except Alien invasion from the marine's panic perspective sounded interesting to me. And the particular cliche he mentioned the film avoided was the typical guy learns to become a good father story (like 2012 and War of the Worlds)

Before the review, I would probably never have watched the movie. Now I'll throw it on Netflix and give it a chance someday. Not expecting much but maybe the effects will be cool and the pure military angle will be interesting.

20. Bishop76

New episode up - review of Your Highness