Half in the Bag

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bishop76, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Good stuff - I skipped the Your Highness review as I fully intend to Netflix it, but the intro was definitely suitably out there.

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I'm pretty apathetic about Your Highness myself, but the intro was pretty solid. I love that style of humor. The review was pretty good too, actually - they seem to be getting a bit better at editing them down and making them tighter.

And they apparently only drink beer I like. Spotted Cow, Blue Moon, and now Summer Shandy. They really should get a sponsorship from New Glarus or Leinenkugel's. I end every episode wishing I had a Cow in hand or getting one from the fridge.

3. Gaith

Bish! You failed to alert me to the latest Half in the Bag; for shame! I'll watch it as soon as I get home...

4. Bishop76

lol - sorry! I'm mid-move myself and just finally got to see the latest episode late last night.

5. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Of course it is. Couldn't you tell that by RLM's retarded voice? For that reason right there, I can't watch the guy.

I like Confused Matthew better anyhow.

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Ugh. That's like deciding which cancel is better.

The Half in the Bag stuff and Confused Matthew. BLECH.

7. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Haven't seen the newest installment yet, but I can't say that these reviews are "comedy" or in any way more noteworthy than any other vlog review out there. What they have going for them is the RLM brand ... which, admittedly, has generated a rather loyal following.

8. Bishop76

What they have going for them is the same thing any other reviewer has going for them - people tend to like critics who they agree with and I very rarely disagree with these reviews. Sure, RLM was made prominent by his prequel reviews, but so what? Apparently quite a few people enjoy his perspective and Half in the Bag. It's a serious review show with a framework of comedy around it. If you don't like the comedy, so be it - don't watch the fucking thing. It's not like comedy can be wrong...

Here I was hoping we could have a nice RLM thread for a while, but apparently not...

Simple solution - if you don't like it, stop watching it.

9. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

No need to get bent out of shape. :lol:

I concede that "Half in the Bag" is operating on the "capital" created by the RLM reviews of the PT. I've no problems with that. It's well-earned, after all. And the HITB reviews aren't terrible, either. All I'm saying is that these "review episodes" aren't, themselves, any more interesting (or worthy of praise) than any other video reviewer out there. It's kind of like Temple of Doom -- an exceedingly average film that only found a sizable audience because of its Indiana Jones brand name. I don't necessarily begrudge the fact ... even if I feel compelled to point it out. ;)

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

I thought the Scream 4 review was boring and a letdown.

However I found the No-Brand comic con (or whatever it was) HILARIOUS. The photo segment really had me rolling.

I dig this brand of humor for sure.

11. RandyS

Which cancel? What do you mean?

12. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

DAMMIT. Gr. meant to write CANCER. Like deciding which CANCER is better... sigh. Stoopid typos.

I LOATHE Confused Matthew.

13. RandyS

:lol:

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, typos are annoying.

14. Gaith

Another episode is up... as always, the review runs too long, with flat-out repeated points towards the end, but the beginning and ending are typically excellent.