HAHA! I have partly solved the mystery of women...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Plecostomus, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

For the record, have you complained about each of the thousands of 'legs', 'breasts', 'bottoms', and 'Sandbagger One' threads that populate this board?

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

For the first three, I don't need to - they already got nixed. Never mind that there's more skin on show in a single photo of Jamie Bamber than a month's worth of Genre Babe of the Week threads.

As for Sandbagger One, I find you and your chums on TNZ deal with him effectively enough.

3. Deckerd

You don't need to complain about them? But you do need to complain about the suggestion of a thread about good looking men?

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's what she says. I find it all heartwarming. :(

5. RJDiogenes

You now have my vote for King Of TrekBBS. :bolian:

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I never have a hard time figuring out women...which is probably the reason they love to be my friend but never want to bone me. :p

Also, this thread is out control. I skipped over most of it until people started posting quotes from "Buffy."

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Not really, not if it follows the same rules as threads with pictures of women. All I'm saying is that if it's okay to post a picture of a naked guy covered only by a towel, then surely it's okay to post a picture of a woman in her underwear ?

As long as the rules are consistent for both genders, I don't care if they say everyone has to be completely covered up or if full frontal nudity is okay.

8. Deckerd

But you're only going to complain about the men pics? Have I got that right? Because the pretty pics have not been banned and as far as I can ascertain, nobody else is complaining about them. I'm just trying to get this clear in my head.

9. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

:lol:

Reminds me of the following entry from The Devil's Dictionary:

MISS, n.
    The title with which we brand unmarried women to indicate that they are in the market. Miss, Missis (Mrs.) and Mister (Mr.) are the three most distinctly disagreeable words in the language, in sound and sense. Two are corruptions of Mistress, the other of Master. In the general abolition of social titles in this our country they miraculously escaped to plague us. If we must have them let us be consistent and give one to the unmarried man. I venture to suggest Mush, abbreviated to Mh.

10. RJDiogenes

Several people complained about them, which is why the rules were tightened and a number of Threads shut down.

11. Deckerd

Sorry I didn't realise that.

12. RJDiogenes

No problem-- just filling you in. ;)

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

As RJ says, the rules were tightened except they weren't tightened all that equally, and so we get Mr. Bamber in a towel which is okay but if we see a woman's belly button the air-raid sirens start.

14. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Why did a thread that started out as fun turn sour?

Because people are too damn touchy. If you can't laugh at the pain in life, you're going to end up making life miserable for yourself and everyone else.

15. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

Hermiod, I can only assume you haven't actually looked in the 'genre babe' threads. If you check (I just skimmed the most recent one) you'll find no shortage of pics of women in nightwear, lingerie and the skimpiest of bikinis. And no-one is complaining. There's a great deal more 'skin' visible than in that 'offensive' shot of a man in a towel. Hell, it's a BIG towel, coming down almost to his knees.

Before you go off on one about how the babe threads were castrated, take a real look: they were asked to combine to one 'babe of the week', and one 'hunk of the week'. And there was one 'hot people' thead which mysteriously died of disinterest after a poster (I forget who) complained that having hot men and women in the same thead destroyed his erection. Maybe some people realised then that TrekBBS isn't the place to view images for quite that purpose.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I look at them every week. I look at the equivalent hunk thread too. Routinely, there is a post in a Babe thread from somebody saying one or more of the pics might be a problem. I can't say for certain, but it looks like Aragorn removes potentially problematic pictures before any trouble starts.

As I said, I do not particularly care what the rule is as long as it is applied irrespective of gender. When this has come up before, people have said that there are different standards for men and women, but if this thread has proven anything it is that we can't allow different standards, everyone has to play by the same rules.

The rule says that if the picture is from or similar to a photoshoot in a magazine that does not require an ID to purchase then it is okay. Well, sorry, but where I am from the likes of FHM and Maxim do not require an ID to purchase and I am unaware of them requiring one in the US either.

Again, I do not care what the rule is as long as it is equally applied. Have a look at my posts in the Genre Babe threads. Do I post loads of :drool: smileys ? No. I gave this week's girl a Thumbs Sideways, not because she's not good looking but because I have no idea who she is and what her personality is like.

In fact, look through my history in general. Who are the women on TV and in the media I like ? Kari Byron ? Veronica Belmont ? Parker Posey ? It's not exactly a list of bikini models, now is it ?

17. blablover5

blablover5 Admiral Admiral

The only way to get through Lifetime. Ooh someone made it over the mountain! Time to finish off the bottle!

And everyone dealing with Hermy has to realize in his world all the Men are constantly discriminated against and can't do anything while all the women can break all the rules and do whatever they want.

It's like talking to a blank wall trying to convince him or show him anything different from his view.

18. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

The relationship between men and women doesn't have to be adversarial. My wife and I tease each other all the time, as I said, I give as good as I get, but there is no one I depend on, no one that I want on my side, no one I cherish - more than her.

19. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

She reads your posts doesn't she? :vulcan:

20. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

No, no - of course not! That's the way I feel!

(is she gone yet?)

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.