Spoilers Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 grade and discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Apr 28, 2023.

?

How do you rate Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?

1. We are Groot

30.8%
  2. A

26.9%
  3. A-

19.2%
  4. B+

9.6%
  5. B

7.7%
  6. B-

1.9%
  7. C+

1.9%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

1.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. You just wanna suck the joy out of everything.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

I have just been to watch this film with my friends, it was a birthday trip so we saw it on the 4DX super screen.

Rocket is my favourite character, and it was really sad when all of his friends died.

I rate Guardians of the Galaxy III 11/10.

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Gunn ended things the smart way, he ended this incarnation of the Guardians but he didn't wrap things up so much that future continuations would feel superfluous because he brought in new characters to continue with.

IE, what George Lucas should have done back in 1983.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Just cast Chukwudi as Kang and say the High Evolutionary is a variant.

David cgc and Commander Troi like this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Works for me.

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

There is that story where one Kang kills off all the others.

6. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Just came back from the film. It was perhaps my most anticipated GOTG film after Endgame. Unfortunately, I thought it to be the weakest entry, overly long with Peter and Gamora's story getting sidetracked. It's not a bad way to end the series and it's one of the stronger marvel entries but could have been 30 to 40 minutes shorter.

Now that we've finally reached this point I do really wonder what this movie would have been had it come out sooner and had come before Thor Love and Thunder. Would love to know how Gunn would have handled Thor. Clearly the script was altered after that movie.

7. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe Gunn has said that Taika 'took a bullet for him' because he never wanted to deal with having Thor in the movie in the first place. (He had no influence on what happened with the Guardians in Endgame on account of being fired at the time.)

Anwar, Saul and The Nth Doctor like this.
  8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that Thor was never going to factor into this and the Guardians wouldn't play a big role in Thor 4. We all suspected it would be a quick voiceover of "Well we traveled for a bit and parted ways" thing.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I never expected a full "Asgardians of the Galaxy" movie anyway. Love & Thunder handled that pretty much how I expected it would be handled.

10. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they ever felt the need to tell some of those stories, I wouldn't mind a animated series, 20 minute episodes. That could work.
    But like many, I never needed that team for a whole movie. It worked for the end of Endgame, cute scene. It worked for the opening of Love And Thunder. That was fun. But also more than enough.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  11. Stargazer_101

Stargazer_101 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Went to the 3:00 p.m. advanced screening on Thursday in our newest theater's (though it's not so new anymore) AVX theater. Now I understand why Rocket is the way he is. I think I liked Ego better than the High Evolutionary. True, he wanted to remake the universe in his own image, but I don't imagine he would have temper tantrums like the High Evolutionary did (kind of makes Kylo Ren from the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy seem normal). I loved it when Rocket rescued the baby raccoons and finally accepted that he is one of them, unlike in Vol. 2, when he says: "Don't call me a raccoon!"

Never seen Infinity War or Endgame (or the Holiday Special, since I don't get Disney+, so hopefully they'll include it as a bonus feature on the Blu-ray or it will come out as a separate release, since I don't see myself signing up for Disney+ anytime soon) and I was able to follow the story regardless. :)

12. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Infinity War and Endgame aren’t exclusive to Disney Plus

13. Stargazer_101

Stargazer_101 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I know that, I was just saying that I haven't seen them yet. I might buy them on Blu-ray when Vol. 3 is available to own as well. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

14. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

15. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Just saw it. First Marvel flick I've seen on the big screen since leaving the 2nd Strange flick underwhelmed. Best Marvel experience since Endgame - although I did enjoy Shang-Chi and think I liked the last Spiderman movie? I barely remember. Anyway - good stuff.

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had some mixed feelings, some of the music bits seemed more forced this time around, Warlock seemed unnecessary and the High Evolutionary was a prat. It's a Guardians movie though so there's still a lot to like though, fun moments and visuals. Maybe it's the mood I've been in lately but I liked dour Starlord and his looking like he woke up too early from his bender through the whole thing. There seemed to be an androgynous thing going on with Nebula which was interesting. I guess I'd need to see it again and maybe in a better mood to give a final judgement and soak in all the details.

I see online that a lot of people found the animal stuff to be too hard to watch. I didn't have that issue but it was a bit of a downer, I get the importance to Rocket's story but it did dampen the mood a bit.

That Jennifer Holland sure is purty though, no wonder Gunn puts her in all his films.

18. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That and he's married to her. Audition process is definitely in her favour.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

All of the people who are horrified and disgusted by what the High Evolutionary did, really need to look into the kind of shit that is still going on in the real world right now. Like burn testing where they burn living pigs' backs over, and over, and over, and over again.

20. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We are Groot! = 9.4

Anwar and Commander Troi like this.