Grade "Breach"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by T'Bonz, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xevious

Xevious Vice Admiral Admiral

C

I like Billingsley. It's too bad he's just a forehead alien.

2. espeorboy

espeorboy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A-

I see they're trying to make things better, more things to see, more stories to hear. Although that criff thingy for me is soooo overused.

Maybe Enterprise is too realistic for people who get used to TOS or TNG, there is no fantasy about the stories, it's real and color-less. (that's the reason why I really love enterprise) Maybe they need little more color. in the story or people.

cutler, pleeeeaaaase come back!!!! :o

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

B, mainly due to the acting. Billingsley and Bakula did a good job. I liked seeing that there is a darker side to the Denobulans. The tribble scene was priceless. The episode would've garnered a B+ but the cave scenes dragged a bit in parts. The cave set ruled. It was great. The anti-racism theme was more subtle than anything seen on TOS and TNG IMO.

4. reno floyd

reno floyd Vice Admiral Admiral

Out of curiosity have you ever voted an episode LESS than a B? ;)

5. whaleyf

whaleyf Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I gave it an A+ because of the cave scenes. Especially the part where they fall. I also liked them giving the doctor more to do and Mayweather getting more screen time. I thought Archer’s reaction to “just let the guy die” was correct and loved the ending.

6. Jaysisko

Jaysisko Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll field this one. Everyone doesn't have to forget about them. Right now, Hoshi and Phlox seem to be the only crew members aware of them. And I doubt any other Starfleet people know of them. Right now, the only tribble we've seen is dead. What makes you think we'll see any more and that they will be well known in the future?

7. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are some people around here who never vote less than a A.

8. Bock

Bock Admiral Admiral

Agreed except I thought the part about Travis getting hurt and the others pressing on with the mission was a good plot device. They were there to rescue 'civilians' and they carried out their duty even though the odds of failure increased dramatically with Mayweather out of the lead position.

9. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a great line! I give it a B+. If you take out Archer it would have been an A.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

An average show, not much more. Agree with ptrope either plot could have used up the whole hour if properly explored.

I gave it a B- (dragging it up from "C" range) only for the caving sets and the rope work. Despite the cinematic touches (no helmates/lamps to obscure the actor's faces, a very negligant traverse to induce danger) it was the most realistic depiction of pit caving I've seen on fictional TV. I hope this is "good-bye" to the "Hollywood" cave.

11. Decaffeinated Jedi

Decaffeinated Jedi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went with a B+ for "The Breach." As a whole, the episode only offered more support for my hypothesis regarding the quality of Enterprise episodes: PHLOX = GOOD. :)

12. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

B-

Great A story; terrible B story. As always, Billingsly turns in a top-notch performance--the more I learn about Phlox, the more I want to know. I really care about him as a character--I found the last scene, and his comments about his youngest son, touching and sad.

But ugh, the B story! No suspense, just boring, boring, boring. If they're going to stick a bunch of characters in a cave like this they a) have to make it exciting or b) have to have the characters bond and learn something about wach other (a la Shuttlepod One).

13. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Sheesh, what is this fascination with the grades other people give the episodes? Give it a rest, guys--it's really tiresome.

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I give it a B. I'm a big fan of Phlox, and I thought Billingsley did a great job. He showed more range as an actor than he has before. And feeding the tribble to that creature was great. A good laugh.

The subplot was only fair. Poor Mayweather...everytime he's in an episode, something terrible happens to him. The Phaser in the Ass line was decent, but really, I wish Trip would get a hold of himself.

15. tjkummer

tjkummer Vice Admiral Admiral

My thoughts on watching this episode were that nothing really stood out. At the same time, there was nothing really painful about the episode, either. So, it seemed like just an average episode. Because "C" is the grade given to average work, I gave thie episode a "C". Just plain average.

16. plumtuckered

plumtuckered Captain Captain

I gave it a B+. I enjoyed Billingsley's performance and Archer didn't annoy me as much as he has in the past. I also enjoyed the cave scenes. Well done!

17. reno floyd

reno floyd Vice Admiral Admiral

Tiresome? Just as people like yourself, who even when they say how bored they are with an ep STILL give it a B or there abouts! That's tiresome! It makes the opinion of that person instantly suspect because they 'like everything'.

And until taking an interest in other peoples grading becomes a warnable offense you're just going to have to put up with it.

What's tiresome is is people who try to quell discourse because they happen not to be interested and then carp on about the 'greater good'.

18. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

A,
    Truly enjoyed this episode. A copuple of funny scenes and Phlox was really fleshed out in this one.

19. Wolf359X

Wolf359X Lieutenant Red Shirt

I gave this one an A-. I was entertained the whole way through. I have noticed, though, that the best ENT episodes have at least one of several things in common....either they make heavy use of Phlox and/or they are directed by cast memebers of previous Trek incarnations.

In any case, Phlox has quickly become my favorite ENT character. Go, Doc, GO!

20. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I gave it a C. It was not bad...but it certainly wasn't in the least bit original either.

This was the first episode of ENT I'd seen in a while...and I can't say that things have improved all that much.

It just felt very antiseptic. A rehash of stuff we've seen a million times on Trek.

I *did* like the Phlox storyline, and that is the reason I gave the episode as high as a "C"...that story was WAY more interesting than the predictable Mayweather, Trip and Reed trapsing around in a cave and the lead climber (Mayweather) getting injured. I knew *that* was coming from a mile away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.