Spoilers Gotham - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Sep 21, 2017.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've actually been having this exact same thought.
    I finally got caught up over the last week and last season had a great ending and this season is off to a great start.
    The whole licensing crime storyline has been pretty good so far. Yeah, it's ridiculous, but at this point Gotham has gone so far beyond realisim that it really doesn't matter.
    I'm liking the beginnings of Bruce's vigilatism. I loved the whole scene with Lucious showing up with the suit. David Mazouz is on the way to being a pretty great Batman. I hope we get at least a few scenes with him in the full suit by the end of the show.
    Barbara's return was a big surprise for me. I didn't know about her apparent death, and I hadn't heard if she would or wouldn't appear this season, so her return actually got an "oh shit" out of me.
    I'm really hoping they keep Selina wit Tabitha and Babs this time, her constant random back and forth between Bruce and the villains in the first couple season was kind of annoying.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

How did Barbara die again?

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's funny I was talking to somebody at work and she was asking last week about Barbara and neither of us remembered this either:

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

With Bruce suiting up and being a proto-Batman it looks like the writers are setting up the show to possibly end this season or at least leave it in a good place in case it's canceled. I can see it ending with Bruce leaving Gotham to train.

5. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like crime license too... it makes sense for Penguin as crime kingpin, and works well with the Harvey+Gordon dynamic. (No puns on the show yet about a dynamic duo???)

So, if this MIGHT be a last season, what threads are they setting up?
    - Lucius making his way back to Wayne Enterprise's (and returning stolen goods ;) )
    - R's Al Ghul showing up and critiquing Bruce's many failures. (in shocking detail)
    - Selina killing Tabitha for something (or Barbara killing her): but taking her stuff. Selina is disgusted by the vicious crime element, but still likes stealing and spying. maybe even learns Bruce's secrets
    - Bruce developing a ladies man persona, but only as a cover, when some people get suspicious
    - Bruce falling down outside Wayne Manor and getting Inspired by a bat
    - oh, but before that, he runs into one or more of Scarecrows victims, who happened to be thugs, and mentions being terrified by bats

I think that's all I got...oh, and I guess Harvey happily giving up his Captain desk to Jim.

Hey, one question..did we see Lee die last season, or was that purely a dream? It's too bad they barely had her interact with Bruce. It would have been nice to see her, even for a season, pour some compassion into Bruce, to add that hero part of him.

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Except for Bruce channeling his inner Batman, it's lather, rinse, repeat but the shampoo's getting older... I'll see it through, but it's getting less and less fun as plots get recycled.

7. Mr. Adventure

Lee left Gotham on a train.

8. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Why does Tabitha have to be killed, considering that she is a well established Batman villain . . . and Barbara isn't. Actually, Barbara should have stayed dead. But I suspect that Tabitha will be killed off. She meets the right requirement in Hollywood as a woman of color.

Lee left Gotham in the Season 3 finale.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds pretty good to me.
    At this point the shows has gone so far off in it's own direction that you really can't base expectations for characters' fates on the comics. I doubt at this point that Jim and Barbara will ever get married, or that he will leave her for Sarah Essen.
    Speaking of Barbara it kind of amazes me how she has gone from being the most pointless annoying character on the show, to being one of my absolute favorite parts of the show.
    So do we think she died and was resurrected or just appeared to be dead?
    I'm kind of wondering if her return will tie into a certain poetry reciting character's (re)appearance.

11. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

That would be difficult for Jim to do, as Sarah Essen was killed in Season 1, I believe (she was Captain). Of course, it is Gotham, so why shouldn't Jim have multiple "formerly believed to be dead" lovers?

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to admit, I forgot Essen died, I was thinking she just left. But that proves my point even more then, she's died decades before she would in the comics, and she never hooked up with Gordon.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have they said anything about whether or not Jerome will be back this season? I have to admit, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite Jokers.

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a general Gotham question. I've watched a bit on Netflix (all of Season 1 and the first 6 episodes of Season 2). If I like some of the elements of the show (like Penguin, Alfred, Riddler, Bullock, Gordon at times) but absolutely LOATHE Theo Galavan and everything related to him, would skipping to season 3 be viable? I seriously just want to see more of the characters I like and to see how ridiculous the show can get, but one more scene of Galavan preening, making idiotic plans that always work or that sub plot of his niece trying to "seduce" Bruce and I'm going to scream. Season 3 is on Netflix now though and I need something to watch (at least until the superhero shows I usually watch come back).

I don't even care what I miss, I just want to know if Season 3 started a new overall plot or if it sticks with him. I don't want to know general spoilers for Season 3 which is why I'm not just googling/checking a wiki to see if he dies in case it spoils something in Season 3. Heck, I'll accept his sister sticking around as long as Theo Galavan isn't around for Season 3.

15. Mr. Adventure

@kirk55555 You're good from 2x21 on but the end of 2x20 might make you smile and it's a pretty great Gotham moment

16. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Which canon Batman character is Tabitha? I thought she and Galivan were created for the show.

I have no problem with it. I've watched and read about kids younger then Bruce adventuring around on solo Robin adventures for years. If we can accept Batman's teen sidekick, then we should have no problem accepting Bruce blazing that trail. In fact, in a weird way it almost makes sense, that he is willing to throw these kids out there into these situations, training them at that high (and harsh) a level, taking those kind of risks..... its self justified, since its the same path *he* took on the same road. ;)

17. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok, so I'll start there, and maybe check some episode info for a bit of info leading up to there.

18. Nerys Myk

A quick Google tells me Tabitha goes by the name "Tigress:". ( which I don't remember) and there are several DC villains called "Tigress" none of whom are Batman foes, well established or other wise

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the only major characters who are original to the show are Fish, and possibly Mrs. Peabody.
    I think Butch was originally thought to be a new character, but the end of season 3 revealed he was actually Cyrus Gold, the pre-zombie Solomon Grundy. And if anyone is wonder, they have already said he will come back as Grundy this season.

20. Nerys Myk

Tigress seems to be a case of taking a name and building a new character around it. (If indeed they were aware of the DC Tigresses )

Phoenix219 likes this.