• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Giving STO Another Try

You can only make a Temporal, Gamma and Delta recruit when their events are running, the last Temp recruit event ended on Sept 1st.........but they pop up through the year quite a few times..............but at least that gives you time to level up your present toons rep to level 5, or 250,000 rep xp, so by the time the recruit event starts you are just doing one toon, rather than juggling between 2 or more and getting burned out. Ha
 
My least favorite part of this game is the fucking space battle shit, the and that always seems like the most difficult and frustrating part of it. I'm doing a battle where I'm supposed to beam up refugees while avoiding this fucking V'Ger cloud bullshit, and sometimes the V'Ger cloud gets me after 10 seconds after starting the round and sometimes the V'Ger cloud will get me as I'm beaming up my final person.
 
Seriously, I respond and I'm hit by the stupid V'Ger thing before I barely even have a chance to set a course. How do people get through this. (Operation Mars)
 
Okay, I have to walk away. How do people play this game? I have to rescue six refugees, and then when I respond there's only one available to rescue. Then I warp out of system to start over and now my map is glitchy. When I go to my map I'll get is empty bluegrids.
 
Okay, I have to walk away. How do people play this game? I have to rescue six refugees, and then when I respond there's only one available to rescue. Then I warp out of system to start over and now my map is glitchy. When I go to my map I'll get is empty bluegrids.

Which mission is this?
 
You can only make a Temporal, Gamma and Delta recruit when their events are running, the last Temp recruit event ended on Sept 1st.........but they pop up through the year quite a few times..............but at least that gives you time to level up your present toons rep to level 5, or 250,000 rep xp, so by the time the recruit event starts you are just doing one toon, rather than juggling between 2 or more and getting burned out. Ha

Ah, ok! So I can start a toon, play with it for a while and then you do a special mission or something?
 
Yes, as long as you create the temporal, Gamma or Delta recruit during their specific event, you will then have unlimited time after that to do the milestones for the rewards, it is just the small window of these events you need to catch to make one, usually lasts 3 weeks if i remember correctly, and as for the milestones, yoh will get a transponder that you use to check you progress.......this guys videos are great for learning STO and explains it all better than i could.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And any new toons you make now will just be plain old toons, nothing else.
 
Last edited:
Yes, as long as you create the temporal, Gamma or Delta recruit during their specific event, you will then have unlimited time after that to do the milestones for the rewards, it is just the small window of these events you need to catch to make one, usually lasts 3 weeks if i remember correctly, and as for the milestones, yoh will get a transponder that you use to check you progress.......this guys videos are great for learning STO and explains it all better than i could.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And any new toons you make now will just be plain old toons, nothing else.

Sweet, I'll watch that later this week when I have some time!! :D
 
So I think I will finally have some time today, and I think I want to start that TOS character to get a temporal toon. Is there anything I should know before I start that?
Are you playing on either XBox or Playstation? Because it's only those two Platforms getting the Temporal Recruit event, plus it also doesn't start until Tues. 9/29/2026.
 
So I went and dismissed the recalled my classic TOS Spock boff to get the actually looks like Nimoy now look and apparently you can also change the uniform now so all 3 Spock holo boffs are customizable. Neat.
 
Had some free time this morning so I played a bit, and noticed that my kinetic cutting beam that has 1600something damage was just over 1400. Checked to see if something was different with my consoles or something, nothing. All my beams had less damage. I shower, log back in, still the same. Go to Earth spacedock for something, beam back up....
Everything is back to what it was.
Anyone ever had something similar?
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top