• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Giving STO Another Try

The mission was a lot of fun.
I noticed the sneaky Lower Decks and Academy references thrown in.
I don't know about other player races but I had 2 unique dialogues as a Caitian.

Sadly I only got the Eleos from my 60th pack.
 
Do not miss the Spock bundle for 500 zen because the 23rd century Spock is a meta boff with his space crit chance, crit sev and sci boosts, which is putting him up there with SRO, and he is a account wide unlock, so this is quite a deal for a boff ofbthese specs to be account wide........plus the 2 ground weapons are also not bad, and 2 epic upgrade tokens to boot.
 
the ship market is collapsing do to this pack. There's some ships that used to be a billion EC that have fallen under it.

the new Connie is around 850 Million last I checked, usually a new promo ship would be over a billion.

The new Box has such good odds that the big spenders and lucky ones are flooding the market.
 
I love how whoever wrote this mission shares my belief that
the Gorn are multiple different species.

I also wonder if the reworked Augment Virus plotline was written
before Kor appeared in SNW. But then viruses spread so maybe he just hadn't been afflicted by it yet.

Did anyone else get unique dialogues based on the races they played as? I'm very interested how many unique things they put in it since species-specific dialogue is not massively common in the game.
 
I will try and play the new mission tonight.

In the mean time, I can't decide what new T6 to get.
 
Do not miss the Spock bundle for 500 zen because the 23rd century Spock is a meta boff with his space crit chance, crit sev and sci boosts, which is putting him up there with SRO, and he is a account wide unlock, so this is quite a deal for a boff ofbthese specs to be account wide........plus the 2 ground weapons are also not bad, and 2 epic upgrade tokens to boot.

Yeah, I think right now for me the Ultimate Tech Upgrades are very tempting. I'd have to buy Zen, but honestly, it might be worth it.

Just to pick some brains...
With my current ship being the Mirror Lexington, I'm considering the following...
Kerala Temp Battle Cruiser
Proxima
Tactical Endeavour
Tactical Presidio
Science Yorktown

Kinda tempted to get the Science Yorktown and with the B'Vat pack you get at the end of the new mission, see where that might take me with a different kinda build.

If people have suggestions or tips, they are more than welcome. Like going for an escort or something completely different. Or Non- Aligned.
 
Meanwhile on console..
mr-bean-waiting.gif
 
Yeah, I think right now for me the Ultimate Tech Upgrades are very tempting. I'd have to buy Zen, but honestly, it might be worth it.

Just to pick some brains...
With my current ship being the Mirror Lexington, I'm considering the following...
Kerala Temp Battle Cruiser
Proxima
Tactical Endeavour
Tactical Presidio
Science Yorktown

Kinda tempted to get the Science Yorktown and with the B'Vat pack you get at the end of the new mission, see where that might take me with a different kinda build.

If people have suggestions or tips, they are more than welcome. Like going for an escort or something completely different. Or Non- Aligned.
Keraia has a console that adds 25% damage to broadside damage out the box and is on every one of my toons, as i like beam arrays and beam overload, and this will work on any weapons flavour for increasing broadside damage, and that is quite a nice boost just from one console.

And that Spock bundle in my view was well worth the £5.60 it cost here in the UK, as having that Spock boff account wide for Fed toons is such a win, i mean a SRO(superior romulan operative) has 2% CritH and 5% CritD, but this Spock has 2% CritH and 6% CritD plus the extra stats for +20 EPG plus +20 control..........and of course the 2 free account wide ground weapons.
 
Last edited:
I used the T6 free ship coupon for a Typhon. It's ugly as fuck but the ship trait is pretty much essential for a carrier build and that's my new project - I had an old Rom engineer with enough reps at T6 to get 5 fleet ship modules so ultimately I'm going for a Fleet Silik and slapping the Typhon trait on it (my solo fleet is going to hit T4 shipyard soon).

Holo-Captain Spock is indeed a major boost for any science build - my sci captain aboard a Mirror Somerville has both him and the holo-Spock from the Phoenix Store slotted. Along with the Particle Manipulator trait he should be hitting around 80% crit chance with exotic damage! Another case of having to buy Zen ships though - I bought the prime universe Somerville for the Spore-Infused Anomalies trait and the Andorian Chimesh escort for Improved Gravity Well.

Why aren't I using the main Somerville? The seating on the Mirror one is ridiculously flexible - Commander Science and all other slots are universals.
 
As for whether T6-X and T6-X2 are worth it, it depends how far you want to push your build. Since most top-damage builds need advanced consoles like Vulnerability Locators, Isomags, etc and those need either universal or branch-specific slots, the extra 1-2 universal slots can make a big difference to ensuring you can ALSO take what you need for survivability, damage, etc.

If you haven't gotten into advanced consoles yet - some of these can be crafted, others come from Fleet provisions if the relevant fleet holding is high enough (or you can ask someone nicely for a map invite - but YOUR fleet has to have the relevant provisions). However, they are mutually exclusive!!! You can't use Isomags on the same ship as Vulnerability Locators, even though one is Eng and other is Tac... you CAN mix within a branch (so Vulnerability Locators and Exploiters) but that's it.
 
Keraia has a console that adds 25% damage to broadside damage out the box and is on every one of my toons, as i like beam arrays and beam overload, and this will work on any weapons flavour for increasing broadside damage, and that is quite a nice boost just from one console.

And that Spock bundle in my view was well worth the £5.60 it cost here in the UK, as having that Spock boff account wide for Fed toons is such a win, i mean a SRO(superior romulan operative) has 2% CritH and 5% CritD, but this Spock has 2% CritH and 6% CritD plus the extra stats for +20 EPG plus +20 control..........and of course the 2 free account wide ground weapons.

Brilliant, I was thinking along those lines.

Also, stupid question.... But the 60th Anniversary Box and the possible free T6 Ship... Is that level bound? So far I get the idea I get low grade results, I tried three.
I'm at level 65, but only recently joined a fleet. Maybe that affects it?
 
Your level does not affect this or any of the gambling boxes in this game, it is all pure luck of the draw...........but i will say there is still a lot of trash in them just like every other box, they just have not advertise that aspect of them so loudly, so i personally would not spend good zen on these, as they are still a gambling mechanic, and in the long run it would be better to build up your zen and only use it on c-store ships and gear, which are all account wide unlocks with unlimited reclaims, and you know exactly what you are buying, unlike these gambling boxes which are locked to one toon with no reclaim option.
 
the ship market is collapsing do to this pack. There's some ships that used to be a billion EC that have fallen under it.

the new Connie is around 850 Million last I checked, usually a new promo ship would be over a billion.

The new Box has such good odds that the big spenders and lucky ones are flooding the market.
I'll say - I got a Fleet ship from my Free 60th Anniversary Pack. No schematics - just the ship.
Don't plan to buy anymore 60th Packs, but yeah, that's the first time I won a ship from getting just one Pack.
 
The Fleet ships - unless you are going for a certain build (if I'd gotten the Fleet Silik I'd be dancing) are the "low end" of the Free 60th rewards though - I got a Fleet Vor'ral Battlecruiser. Decent enough if you lack a T6 ship at all, but you can tell the quality by the exchange prices - that one goes for ~15M EC, there are ground traits for Captains worth far more. The schematics are the interesting part of the 60th boxes since once you have enough you can buy any ship on offer, but the free pack isn't likely to give you a GREAT ship, just a decent one.
 
I haven't had any change to do the new event TFO. Hopefully I'll find some time tomorrow.
 
I haven't had any change to do the new event TFO. Hopefully I'll find some time tomorrow.

Hope you like ham. B'vat is really something.

I've been playing around with using ChatGPT to help put together different builds and I'll say it does a pretty good job, though you do as always need to question why it's making particular suggestions. It will also - if not told otherwise - assume you have limitless resources to splash on dropboxes, C-Store, Exchange, Lobi etc. And that you have T6 reputations...

I managed to assemble a pretty good tank using the Breen Rezreth dreadnought I had unlocked during a Winter Event. It's not perfect - I died in my last HSE run but it really needs a solid rotation and eye on panic buttons not to melt there if the rest of the team isn't killing the Borg fast enough. That toon is still working to R&D engineer 15 for the space trait Give Your All which should help as it further boosts damage reduction when hitting engineering BOFF powers - I already get a bunch from Aux2SIF which is cycling pretty much constantly.

The HSE run before that on my new carrier build was a nightmare - four deaths but really apart from me there was only one other player doing appreciable damage (102k DPS!!! but they died even more) - having now played a tank build you really notice the issues trying to run that one without a tank elsewhere in the team unless it's full of mega-DPSers... there was one player with no deaths so obviously had good survival tools but they don't seem to have been tanking.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top