GhostBusters 3 is Finally Being Made. (2020 Release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kane_Steel, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Timby

Timby hi there Administrator

Fuck this Minion-ass shit, I'm so tired of sequels needing to retread the things you remember from the originals, and equally tired of everything becoming cutesy and toyetic; Baby Yoda is going to have a negative influence on Hollywood for decades, I fear.

There's nothing inherently fucking supernatural about the marshmallows. And while animated marshmallows acting like gremlins is amusing in a sensible chuckle kind of way, the first official footage released in over a year going straight for a "Hey, you remember this thing from the first movie? Here it is again!" beat doesn't fill me with confidence.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  2. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the thing it wanted you to remember wasn’t stay puft (that did stray a little too gremlins for my taste) but Dana’s kitchen. This scene should have been a little more drawn out to match that, but overall that’s where it put my memory with the musical cues etc. Overall though, it’s kind of exactly where a film so obviously with its roots in the original would go (shandor, spores moulds and fungus... it’s a sequel, no point pretending it doesn’t have some stakes in nostalgia.)

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This.

Possibly. After the debut of the original Yoda, there was not a breath between endless cutesy fantasy characters (usually short in stature) popping up in endless movies and cartoons of the 80s, other George Lucas productions, included.

4. Serveaux

Serveaux Boomer American Premium Member

Oh damn, that was nice. :lol:

5. Serveaux

Serveaux Boomer American Premium Member

Most of America's going to be back to behaving pretty normally by autumn of 2021.