Gene Roddenberry, deep down

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by TrickyDickie, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

The Wormhole, Kemaiku and BillJ like this.
  2. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

I do like some of the bits from ENTERPRISE that allude to Cochrane still having his demons even after first contact with the Vulcans. That up to his last known days he'd still get drunk and tell stories of zombies from the future coming to conquer Earth.

I do like the idea of Cochrane as Roddenberry, in that whatever you had to say about the guy, he was still the guy that started it all. We can credit D.C. Fontana, Gene Coon, Nick Meyer, Harve Bennett, Michael Piller, Ron Moore, Brannon Braga, etc for doing what they did to keep the ship sailing, but none of them would have likely done anything as notable without Roddenberry having started it all.

3. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It doesn't condemn mine, but..

(1) I'm considered attractive which makes it very hard to be termed "creepy"

Also

(2) I am very selective about the company I keep. You have to be these days.

Read into it what you will

4. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Obviously we're both outstanding catches, y'know with not being seen as repulsive, creepy or criminally insane for the way we speak to women? :shrug:

Brefugee likes this.
  5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

What the hell? This thread is way off course. Feel free to debate this stuff in Misc.

BillJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.