Future of Paramount+ among merger talks

Amazon owns MGM.

Amazon buying Paramount would bring up the same antitrust issues that Sony buying Paramount would've brought up (Sony has owned Columbia Pictures since 1989).

Last edited:
What's in Paramount's future?

<shakes magic 8-ball>

"A slow, drawn-out demise with private equity firms / vulture capitalists acquiring the company in parts."

Thanks, 8-ball!

They had their chance with Sony and Apollo.

Edgar Bronfman Jr. and Bain Capital are still circling around.

Three-amigos-paramount-2.jpg

Paramount's three-headed CEO Office :rolleyes:

(Left to Right: Chris McCarthy, Brian Robbins, George Cheeks)

Amazon owns MGM.

Amazon buying Paramount would bring up the same antitrust issues that Sony buying Paramount would've brought up (Sony has owned Columbia Pictures since 1989).

I was imagining a scenario where Paramount is liquidated. There are no anti trust issues if Amazon buys just the Trek IP.

I was imagining a scenario where Paramount is liquidated. There are no anti trust issues if Amazon buys just the Trek IP.

It hasn't reached that point.

Paramount Global is a massive multinational conglomerate. There are plenty of non-performing legacy assets they can shed before then.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused about something. They are putting money into these new Trek shows with big cast gets (Holly Hunter and Paul Giamatti) and big news regarding when Section 31 is set. On the other hand the financial situation at Paramount is in such turmoil and this news is just a rollar coaster of craziness, I wonder if the two are related. You have good news on the Trek front but bad news on the platform that streams Trek. Are these shows set to go and air (Meaning are they locked in financially) or could the sales impact the shows? Personally, I think Star Trek should be streamed on either Netflix or Apple TV+ but I feel like the two stories should be interconnected.
They're not on the verge of bankruptcy or anything, it's just the controlling shareholder wants to cash out, and any deal has to benefit her more than any other shareholder or she won't pull the trigger / sign off on said deal.

TLDR - Has to be better for me than thee.

Is The Mission Possible For Paramount’s Crowded Corner Office? CEO Troika Settles In As Layoffs And Asset Sales Loom

Paramount Global‘s unorthodox Office of the CEO, which started as a presumed placeholder, is turning into a longer-term fixture poised to once again reshape the tempest-tossed company.

Back