Franchises that could exist in the same universe

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captainkirk, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Blade Runner and Ghost In The Shell

2. O_Kav

O_Kav Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, judging by this template offered in The Plan it would have been interesting to see where Caprica would go before it got axed. Aquaria and Scorpia have the most interesting premises in my opinion. I hope they don't abandon this template for the future Movie reboot.

I remember they mention an Aerian Merchant Code in TOS and that always gave me the impression that Aeries (equivalent to NuBSG's Aerilon) had some sort of Culture centered around Traders. That's conjecture, of course. Every Colony could easily have its own Code.

3. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

"Red Dwarf"

Mostly because neither side would know the other existed. :D One episode did claim Lister was 23rd century, though.

I doubt Star Trek and Logan's Run would have worked in tandem...

Doctor Who always lands on modern day Earth so a crossover with "Lost Girl" might have been interesting, especially if Jack wasn't there at the time in order to write something more creative than a dozen orgies... LG's main double-act feels a lot like DW at times, even more than the 2005 revival - which is sad if you think about it...

Crossovers always seem awkward... except Superfriends and Justice League... not sure why...

4. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Genesis II/Planet Earth & Star Trek, I've wondered if GR didn't envision an organization like Pax arising after the third world war and forming the core for Trek's United Earth, TNG Starfleet's emphasis as a peaceful, nonmilitary organization falls into line with Pax's ideals, Had Data's original built by aliens origin been kept, that would bring Questor into play as part of the Star Trek universe, an idea touched on in Jeffrey Lang's Immortal Coil

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We did get at least one brief look at one of the other colonies in Caprica, but I can't remember for sure which one. I think there was also at least one or two scenes in The Plan set on one of the planets other than Caprica.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Agreed. The recent movie LIFE and Species.

The Walking Dead and THE STAND

7. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Walking Dead is the Hell Bela and John Winchester ended up in, in Supernatural.

Hell on Wheels is just a holodeck program Chief O'Brien plays by himself now that Dr. Bashir isn't around to join in with him anymore.

publiusr and Turtletrekker like this.
  8. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

So O'Brien is a masochist... that explains so much!

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt it. Christopher Lloyd's cameo doesn't mean a damn thing.

It's like all that Tommy Westphall crap. That doesn't mean anything either.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This isn't the same universe, but rather a diverging of a point.

My theory is that the nanites of NBC's Revolution, in an alternate universe, are the cause of the Walkers rising from the dead in Walking Dead. They all got activiated by a test signal that was sent around the world . That signal "flipped a switch" with the nanites to cause the resurrection problem.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Then why can't the nanites be disabled, like they were on the actual show?

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

And any of the other crossovers and cameos in this thread do?

Ovation likes this.
  13. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Before Chronicles of Riddick, I imagined Pitch Black could sit well with Babylon 5.

Highlander, X-Files, Quantum Leap didn't seem exclusive of each other, and could also fit B5. B5 and x-files both featured the grey alien's abducting humans from earth in the twentieth century.

Doctor Who and Blake's 7 of course, and Primeval, as already mentioned.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Cameos don't imply crossovers.

15. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because those who knew about it died. Again, unlike Revolution, where the nanites disabled power, these nanites resurrected the dead, which was unexpected. So the scientists died right away. Other scientists didn't know what to look for, and the nanites acted like a virus, so they were confused early on

16. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe the Nicholas Cage movie "The Rock" is actually part of the James Bond continuity, or at least an alternate outcome of Bond continuity. Sean Connery's character is (to my eye at least) James Bond in every way but in name (damn those pesky copyright laws). I think this a version of the Bond-verse where Bond was imprisoned by US authorities after the story told in Diamond Are Forver (the one in Vegas) went really bad. Bond gets shuffled off to Federal prison until he gets sprung to help take-down Ed Harris in The Rock.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  17. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Captain Funsmasher to the rescue.

Ovation and Turtletrekker like this.
  18. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    I think the NCIS Franchise of NCIS, LA, and New Orleans, which has crossed over with the Hawaii Five-0 reboot, recent had the modern MacGyver join the same universe with a Five-0 crossover!

Plus, why hasn't anyone mention that the Angel/Buffy universe is the same as the Sesame Street/Muppets universe!

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Chronicles of Riddick and anything by Richard Louis Tierney

20. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

The Chronicles of Riddick and Dune.