Final sad Fates of TOS crew....

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Dar70, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I assumed NuPavel is the older brother who doesn't exist in Day of the Dove.

2. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Your memory is even faultier, because that's And the Children Shall Lead!

johnnybear likes this.
  3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What's the matter with me?? It's obviously ATCSL!!! There was no scene like that in ITITNB? So Eddie wasn't in that episode after all like that page said!
    JB

4. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. drt

drt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think fandom’s “second five year mission” was usually placed between TMP and TWOK since Kirk has the line in TMP about “five years”. What doesn’t hurt that theory is James Doohan aging about ten years appearance wise over that three year period.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  6. Pauln6

Scotty would have been about 50. Doohan didn't look bad for 50.

7. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, growing up watching Trek in the late 80s, reading whatever encyclopedias and best of trek's from the library and what not, i definitely got the impression that the accepted canon (fanon) of the time (maybe just mine? maybe from novels?) was a 2nd 5YM after the first movie, with the aesthetics, uniforms and tech from that movie, culminating in some event that landed Kirk back upstairs and the Enterprise retired as a training vessel, the monster maroons, etc.

I always felt there must have been a third 5YM between V and VI, as well, all things considered.

wayne66 likes this.
  8. Pauln6

I'd happily watch an animated series of the second 5year mission.

wayne66 and Phoenix219 like this.
  9. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

That's a point I always thought Star Trek missed out on, there is no reason for the actor's ages to dictate the character's ages. And people living longer in the future should have given the opportunity for 30 something actors to play 50 or 60 something characters still in the middle of their careers.

10. drt

drt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I meant between TMP and TWOK, Doohan looked very fit in TMP (even though he was pushing 60 at the time), then was much heavier and greyer in TWOK, so it was plausible more time had passed.

I thought that’s what they did with Picard, I was always under the impression the character was supposed to be much older than Patrick Stewart.

11. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Commodore Commodore

Picard suddenly became much younger in the fourth season's second episode, "Family", when his older brother turned up with a young son. Even a futureverse is still held by modern conventions, and a sixty or seventy year old man having children with a much younger wife is looked on as out of the ordinary at a minimum.