Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

NCC, love the kitty pics! I love the look in Moses' eyes. He's like "What? I'm trying to sleep!"

:)

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

It has been ages since Jack has demanded a shoulder ride. Of course he decides he wants one when I have received a bad haircut, so I did my best to edit myself out of the picture!

[​IMG]

3. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Aww he's lovely!

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This is my laundry. You can't have it.

[​IMG]

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That's quite a static problem; the dryer sheets aren't working. Not only are your clothes all stuck together, but the cat is stuck to them, too! ;)

6. Shanndee

Thanks! He's got a great personality, I'm lucky to have him.

Your cats are great as well. I've always wanted an orange tabby...maybe Jack needs a friend? :)

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Awwwwwww...how precious! :)

My parents' cat, before she got old and frail, used to let me take a nap almost like that too, with my head (gently) on her chest, where I could listen to her purr.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I think the claws and the squinty eyes in that pic say "bother me again and I'll cut you".

9. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

The black one looks like my James when he was a kitten. :)

[​IMG]
    I moved a few weeks ago, and took this of James hiding under Manny in the pet taxi.

[​IMG]
    James passed out on my clothes.

[​IMG]
    James and Manny cuddling.

10. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Odd that you said that, since the last couple of days, I've caught him digging around our garbage disposal.... :eek:

11. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Awww. Such a little darling getting comfy.
    Both are beautiful kitties.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Just hanging out...

[​IMG]

13. Gillian

Gillian Ensign Newbie

Its good to see so many cat lovers. I have a ginger and white cat called Sparticus. He has sight problems and a heart murmer and he is a bossy little thing. :)

14. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have a feline companion myself (or any pet for that matter), but this morning when I took my car to the dealership for service, I noticed movement behind the glass door of the shop floor office. A moment later, a solidly built (not fat, but not skinny, either) specimen of a Calico calmly surveying the the service area. Naturally, I asked about the animal and clerk on duty told me her name was "Sparkplug". She just wandered into the shop one day and rather than the crew chasing her away, they gave her attention and food. Within a short time, she adopted he staff and now she stays in the office.

I don't know if anyone takes her home at night or if they just release her each evening. I hope it's the former. I hope I remember to ask this evening when I go to retrieve my car.

"Sparkplug", heh, heh... Sounds more like a name one would give an ol' hound dog.

Oh, just to clarify, this isn't a shade tree mechanic's garage. This is the major dealership in this town for Buicks, Chryslers and Cadillacs. One would think they'd be a bit less likely to take in a stray.

Sorry, no photos to share.

Sincerely,

Bill

15. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

"This brick channel is getting old..."

16. Redfern

Didn't see Sparkplug upon my return to the dealership, but I did find out a couple of things. Indeed, Sparkplug just wandered in one day and the positive responses from the repair crew enticed her to stay. She's been there for a "couple" of years now. No one takes her home at night, but she's not "locked" within the floor office. The staff installed a pet door so she can exit as she pleases. (I didn't think to ask if there was a "cat hatch" to the garage istelf.) Regardless, she lounges within the office "most" of the time. She's also been "fixed" so that probably reduces her temptation to roam. (No doubt that also reduces the odds of any "randy" Toms vying for Sparkplug's "affections".)

Sincerely,

Bill

17. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

A business cat makes sense. The mouse population gets reduced as Sparkplug earns her keep and companionship is shared. Sounds good to me.

18. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yup, it's a win for all involved.

One of the prisons I used to visit as part of my job had a pretty red tabby living in the basement store rooms, earning her keep by mousing.

19. Redfern

I'm sure some people would assume that kind of arrangement would make more sense for a business that deals with food, but knowing mice and rats will chew just about everything, rodents could cause a lot of damage even within an auto garage. So, yeah, having a cat on hand is very practical.

Plus, every business needs a mascot to help ease stress.

Sincerely,

Bill

20. Shanndee

I think it may be time to invest in a new "kitty condo"

[​IMG]

...but I'm having trouble finding another one with stairs (Jack has some depth perception issues, so jumping from one level to another can be problematic).