Spoilers Fear the Walking Dead - Season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TREK_GOD_1, Oct 11, 2020.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope not, but I could definitely see that happening.

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Its TWD franchise, so tragedy is baked into it--at least TWD and FTWD. I could see Dorie, Grace and possibly Strand being killed off, with the latter trying to atone for his see-saw loyalties.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With COlman DOmingo's star seeming to rise (having had a chance to direct as well as the role in Ma Rainey), i wonder if more professional opportunities are opening up for him. While it would be a great loss if he left, if THAT is the reason he is going (like CLiff Curtis did when Avatar sequels came up), I would be happy for him. And it would be a fitting character arc for him to start as a manipulative self-serving con-man to sacrifice himself to end Virginia's reign.

For the other 2.... @TREK_GOD_1 's suggestions DEFINITELY would give an emotional punch... but they have been such GREAT additions to the group , it would be a shame to lose them and what they bring to the show (i.e. characters you really want to root for). I wonder

1) That at LEAST Daniel OR Alicia are safe... i would hope they don't get rid of ALL the original season 1 cast.

2) Luciana is a character they haven't written very well. If they HAD to kill someone, she might be a likely character.

3) COuld Charlie be on the chopping block?. The actress is 14 now, and COvid hasn't helped her time frame... Though i wonder if Season 7 will also have another time jump, hopefully to get them closer to World/Rick Movie timeline?

4) What happened to Wes, Wendell and Sarah? We have seen little of them so far. They too could be people,at this point, who could be easily sacrificed.

5) Will Dwight lose Sherry too? If so, it would be dramatic for sure -- his long journey back to her ends in tragedy. Or his story arc could be completed (not sure if they intended him to be another ratings booster like Morgan)?

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope they don't kill Sherrie off, they just introduced her.
    I'd hate to see them kill Dorie, since he's one of my favorite characters, but I could see Strand or Grace dying. Sacrificing himself would be a good way for Strand to prove his loyalty to the group, and I could see Grace dying as a way to get to Morgan.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Colman Domingo has already confirmed he's returning for season 7.

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Alicia will be the last season 1 character standing, as she's all that's left of her family.

Yes, she's been neglected season after season; after Nick died, she barely had a purpose of her own.

Good point, however, if the forthcoming season was filmed before the shutdowns, the production is safe, if they end the Virginia storyline, thus giving them the freedom to time jump.

They were part of last season, and I do think Wendell has a bit of plot armor, as his being in a wheelchair is almost a tease that he's the most vulnerable, but the showrunners will never toss a disabled man to the walkers.

Sherry and Dwight are ideologically miles apart; she wanted to fight against an army by sniping a convoy, while ignoring the fact that the SWAT van has finite resources, which is not a problem for Virginia's gang. Will she come around, only to be killed trying to save Dwight? Will they ride off into the sunset--or back to the heroes of TWD? Who knows, but for now, their storyline is far from over.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a good point about Sherry and Dwight.
    I have confess, I kind of forgot Luciana even exists. They've done so little with her the last couple seasons.
    As for Wendell, now that NCIS: NoLa is ending, Daryll "Chill" Mitchell will be free to do more Fear, so I could actually see him getting a bigger role now.

publiusr likes this.