Favorite Trek Series

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by ichab, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Favorite Trek Series

1. Star Trek

2. The Animated Series

3. The Next Generation

4. Deep Space Nine

5. Voyager

6. Enterprise

7. Discovery

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ichab

ichab Commodore Commodore

If I was asking what the BEST trek show of all time was, then I'd see your point. "Favorite" has more than one answer, at least to me anyways. I can't pick just one favorite.

Vger23 likes this.
  2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I generally prefer "favorite" lists and polls to "best" since they tend to be more idiosyncratic.

3. Blooded

Blooded Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enterprise and Discovery, for me.

I still remember my first time watching Broken Bow, on my family's PC in the dining room, all of us sat around watching it in the dark. We were watching a dodgy copy we'd got off my uncle, a few days after release, as Sky One weren't set to air the show for another 3-4 months. I loved every second of it, right from the start. Never stopped loving that show.

Discovery speaks to my own television tastes more than the other Trek shows. I generally favour shows produced for streaming platforms, mostly because that's where you'll find the majority of the top quality prestige television shows, and I've leant heavily into those for a number of years now. Serialised storytelling, great cinematography, etc. Discovery is just my cup of tea.

Special shout out to DS9, too.

I can enjoy things about all the shows, and like them all. ENT and DIS really stand out, though.

ichab and 1001001 like this.
  4. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My favorite has always been TNG and Voyager.

I need to watch more of Discovery to decide if its my favorite :)

5. Datalore1701

Datalore1701 Ensign Newbie

This is my personal ranking of all the shows:
    TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, DSC, ENT, TAS (except Yesteryear). There haven't been enough episodes of Picard out yet for me to have a definitive opinion, but it's pretty great so far.