"Farragut Forward" is back on (and soon the "Starship Farragut" finale "Homecoming")

I still think Brian Gross was an age appropriate Captain Kirk; something most fanfilms who attempted to helm tales of TOS failed to cast.

New Voyages took TOS into the "Phase II" era in "Going Boldly" (2012), with a pre-TMP-refit refit of the Enterprise.
True -- changes started with Blood and Fire but unfortunately they didn't stick with it, it kind of fizzled out after Kitumba and became plain old TOS :(

But I watched the prologue and loved it - looked great, captured the era well and a few surprises #nospoilers

Going darker and deeper than some of the fanfilms the director says as if Trek fanfilms hasn't been there, done that. Interesting thing to say, too bad he's not the first fanfilm creator to say similar sentiments in accordance to his own Trek venture.

The sets, costumes, makeup etc are utterly phenomenal.

And the fact that this is a sequel to Starship Farragut adds so much weight. I got the Movies on VHS in 97 and watched them over and over, this feels like a true Trek back to that era!

I really hope they save these sets after they are done filming, it would be nice if there were TMP / TNG era sets available for fan films to use.

Back