Poll Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by .:: TSN ::., Nov 14, 2018.

?

Rating?

1. A+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. B-

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  7. C

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. D

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

Oh, I understand what you're saying. And I agree, to some extent. Queenie is supposed to be "people-smart", so it's sad to me that she gets sucked into Grindewald's web of misdirection. Yes, smart people can and do make bad decisions, and I accept that, both in life and in stories. I understand, from a writer's viewpoint, why she was the one chosen to defect. And I understand, from a character viewpoint, why she chose to go with Grindewald. But my understanding and acceptance don't wipe out the urge to give her a good shake to try to bring her to her senses before it's too late.

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I loved the first Fantastic Beasts but I couldn't stand this one. Way too many plot & character threads. Way too unfocused. I'm sure that there's a decent movie to be made about the conflict between Dumbledore & Grindlewald. I'd also love to see a follow-up featuring the characters from the previous movie. I just don't think they belong in the same movie. Much as I love Queenie & Jacob, they really have no business being in this movie. I also didn't like how they hand-waved both Credence's death and Jacob's obliviating from the previous film. And as someone who hasn't read the books and who only saw the previous movie once, I'm not sufficiently invested in the lore to be able to follow anything about the Leta Lestrange storyline or why I should care about it.

I'm getting pretty tired with how apparently we're supposed to filter every single movie & TV show first through the lens of how offended we should be by it or by the actors in it, and only then decide whether or not we actually like it for its artistic merits. Personally, I'd make a movie starring Jeffrey Jones & O.J. Simpson if I thought they were right for the part.

Aww! I liked Paris. He elevated several of the drearier Voyager episodes. :D

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

What a disappointed of a film. I had hope after the first movie they might give us some story here but again it's just setting up the next sequel. We have another 3 movies of this to go before we get anywhere. I'm really not interested to wait until 2024 to see how this plays out. A Hogwarts prequel would have been more interesting.

Krampusnacht likes this.