Spoilers Evil - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked. The cast are amazing together, but I have to give special shoutout for Townsend. He is delightfully creepy. I like that they're keeping whether the supernatural exists vague for now and it really adds to tension by keeping the audience wondering if George is real and if Townsend is an actual demon. I do hope they eventually pick a side though because the "Was it a demon/possession? Probably not, but maybe!" is going to wear thin after a few seasons.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say. I'm going to go away now and come back when I catch up.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone still watching this show? 2x04 was really well made, and unlike other episodes, actually had a resolution. And I have to think a massive lawsuit would ensue.

3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd be watching if it hadn't been shifted to a damn pay service. I already pay for enough of my TV, not adding another service.

Mr. Adventure likes this.
  4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I’m watching.

Yeah, that episode was more horrifying than any of the supernatural stuff. The idea that the elevator has a programming bug that makes the elevator go to a forgotten sub basement that you can’t recall the elevator from.

The parents of those children are going to own that hotel.

It’s on the same pay service as Star Trek, so no issue with me having to pay.

5. JirinPanthosa

I was distracted for the last conversation with the nun, was it confirmed she switched out the holy water with some kind of acid?

That was an interesting twist at the end how after the 'Voodoo magic' to fight back against the slave driver he becomes the slave driver.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ammonia cleaner.

JirinPanthosa likes this.
  7. JirinPanthosa

Those kids aged about ten years in five seconds.

8. JirinPanthosa

I have a theory about the demons people are seeing. Leland is microdosing them with something like DMT.

9. JirinPanthosa

There's a midseason hiatus which is weird for a streaming show.

I'm noticing the episode titles this season are all letter based. Like, N is for Night Terrors, A is for Angel. I'm guessing by the end of the season these will descramble to the name of a demon that will come up in the story?

NAFEZC so far, add STU from episodes not aired yet.

10. JirinPanthosa

That was an excellent episode.

Concept episode, little dialog.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could see a Good Omens sort of thing going on.

Or season two TNG Emissary, where hundred year old Klingons wake up from a nap and plan on raping and pillaging all the humans, business as usual, because how likely is it that peace would ever break out?

The 2021 Party Demons would not be happy about a Demon from 1930 trying to actually literally destroy the world.

12. JirinPanthosa

I want to point out that the song that played in the opening montage came out in 2005, so they designed crazy mind controlled serial killer MO around the song, not the other way around.

13. JirinPanthosa

This season got super weird. At this point it's all but confirmed the demons are real. Even if they came out with some big scientific workaround to explain everything, it wouldn't make sense that people were having the same hallucinations. Even if Kristin's exorcism really was a 'Placebo effect' as she insists.

The letters in the episode titles are: NAFEZCSBUOIDC. I can't find any good anagrams.

14. JirinPanthosa

So. Evil season finale.

Good episode, but weird for a season finale. Opens more questions than it answers. David gets ordained and then makes out with Kristin. Kristin confesses her murder to David.

It gives us the answer for what Leland is up to. He's trying to find successors for the 60 demon houses. Probably that's what happened to Kristin's mom, she was injected with a predecessor demon body and is now the leader of a demon house. But it's interesting she seems to have free will, she still cares about her granddaughters. She's not mind controlled, she's just demon infused. And that's probably exactly what he did at the sperm donors, which means he has Kristin's daughter in mind to be the successor to a demon house.

The finale sets up the next season but I don't even know if that season is greenlit yet. I hope it is cause this story deserves a resolution.

15. JirinPanthosa

And, looks like Evil season 3 actually started two weeks ago and got no promotion at all.

16. JirinPanthosa

Is anyone else still watching this? I love how absolutely bizarre the show has become.

It’s pretty clear now in this universe there do exist demons and the scientists are wrong.

I love the whole thing with Leland using the Animal Crossing like game but the daughters spotting him immediately.

I just hope by the end of this season they resolve the thing with the grandmother being the heir to a demon house and the father being held paralyzed by her.