Episodes you refuse to watch...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JesterFace, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I generally skip over "Shades of Grey."

Unless I'm really bored.

Kor

2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Now, had it been this, some of us might have wanted to watch it again:

[​IMG]

3. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the list. I disagree with most of it, but thanks for making the effort.:bolian:

4. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Now I want to watch it, what have you done?!

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ewww, that's worse! :barf:

6. MrEscape

MrEscape Ensign Red Shirt

-Shades of Gray: Not that I find it the worst episode but once you've seen it's a clip show once, there's never really much motivation to watch it again really.
    -Justice: I can't bring myself to watching this one at all after seeing it once on the blu-ray one. Just makes me feel all cringy the whole idea of it.
    -Code of Honour: Pretty sure this one is obvious, not fun at all...
    -Aquiel: Could never get into this one at all really. As soon as stuff about coalescent beings, and the dog was there that pretty much did it in for me.

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to bash Voyager, but the episodes of Star Trek I just won't sit through are, um, episodes of Voyager. Currently rewatching TNG from beginning to end. I'm fine rewatching even the episodes I remember hating. Enough time has passed without TNG and if nothing else, rewatching in HD reveals details.

8. dief25

dief25 Ensign Newbie

Mostly the usual ones for me. "Code of Honour," "Sub Rosa," etc. The differences for me being that I actually enjoy "Masks"(I enjoy watching Spiner act his face off), and, believe it or not, I try to avoid "Frame of Mind." I've never liked the whole, "am I crazy?" shtick. I guess I could never get along with Brannon Braga. Who knew?

9. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

Force of Nature is pretty hard to get through, and any episode with Ensign Ro, particularly Preemptive Strike. Ugh.

10. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

Shades Of Gray is actually worthless. Clip shows should be eradicated.

11. dief25

dief25 Ensign Newbie

You didn't like Ro?! That's a shame. I always enjoyed her. I found Michelle Forbes to be way easier to watch than the rest of TNG's women.

12. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I suppose if I had to refuse one episode, it would be Angel One.

13. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

When it comes to Trek I refuse to watch nothing. Hell, I re-watched Justice (TNG) yesterday.

14. MrEscape

MrEscape Ensign Red Shirt

Good idea or not, I just watched Force Of Nature today for the first time in a very long while. I liked it better than before, but it's not a good one really, it stays off my list.

But is it just me who felt that the beginning of the episode could have led to a whole one about Data, Geordi and Spot? That'd have probably been fun to watch, maybe more than some of the episode itself. :p

Title could have stayed too, would fit Spot quite well perhaps...

15. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The one where Picard has to have his artificial heart repaired and at the same time the ship is waylaid by some really dumb looking aliens, who actually may not have been as dumb as they looked, but they were annoying.

16. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

But, they are strong!

Actually, I like the futility of Picard trying to run away from Pulaski only to be saved by her.

The rest of the episode is filler for that part.

17. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Anything with Pulaski, and "The Child" and "Nightmare".

18. Isolinear

Isolinear Commander Red Shirt

Suspicions. For some reason I hate that episode, it feels wrong. I hate the acting, the direction feels amateurish and the 'story' doesn't make sense, especially that final scene in the shuttle. BAD, BAD, BAD.:barf:

Even Shades of Gray is better. It may be a clip show that relies on Riker's artificial 'medical emergency', but at least the episode feels like it belongs in TNG.

Sub Rosa is another bad episode that doesn't belong in Star Trek, but it has that 'so bad it's good' B-horror movie thing going on. Suspicions doesn't have that. It is an empty husk of an episode that has nothing good going for it. An abomination.

19. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What was Suspicions about? I don't remember.

20. Memory Alpha

Memory Alpha Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Checking back in here!

The Naked Now
    Code of Honor
    Haven
    Angel One
    --Kind of obviously the dregs of the series. "Angel One" is just SO flat. A society of dominatrixes could have been done, though, in principle.

Manhunt
    Menage a Troi
    --Stupid (but thankfully Lwaxana episodes would get better later on)

Second Chances
    --Never liked the Tom Riker idea due mainly to its implausibility and bad drama, but the fact that they refused to resolve that plot line made the whole thing pointless and a waste of time.

Pen Pals is borderline. Justice is maybe the most ham-fisted of the early political shows, but somehow not unwatchable.

Attempts at humor like Okona and Qpid fall totally flat for me, but I can't say they are unwatchable. Just not episodes that I watch.

Some folks don't like the 6th-7th season Braga scripts, but I rather like all of them. They're a breath of fresh air after all the political shows and failed humor of the previous seasons.