Enterprise Pic

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by bdb, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

I wonder why James Cawley didn't like her. She looks great for me.

2. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Looks fantastic. I'm more than happy with this.

This movie is going to rock my socks.

3. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't think everyone would be happy with this design... :rolleyes:

4. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

The hull is more metallic, of course. There is no sign of any TMP-style phaser ports. The hull has a kind of odd shape near the top, but it's hard to see exactly what's going on up there.

The nacelles are pretty clearly still under construction. The one on the left is getting welded on or something.

5. RedSpar

RedSpar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like she has counter-rotating "fan" blades in the bussards. I think they are going to make it very turbine like animation style.

Not sure I like the really large fin intercoolers on the end of the nacelles though.

6. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Yeah, Prof, I'm with you: looks unfinished.

I also realized the thing I thought was a fin is just the "intercoolers" (or whatever they are) that were on the original model (yay).

As to the comments about it looking like Gabe's model, I agree where the coloring is concerned, but that's about it. Otherwise, what I'm seeing here looks much closer to the original series model than Gabe's significant reimagined version.

Finally, I'm curious about the bridge, too. Trying to peek through the holes there to see if the whole bridge appears to fit in the "bubble" or if it's somehow lowered into the B/C deck bulge ... as posited by someone on this board .... ;)

7. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Brings me to his manner of describing it (provided this is even what he saw). He very clearly left us with the impression it would be almost TNG, Enterprise-E like with his broad ambiguous description.

I don't get that impression at all from this pic. Is it different then the tv show? Sure, which answers your question by the way.

Sharr

8. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Sweet picture. Looks a lot like Gabe's Big E. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far... Looks like it's going to vamp on the TMP Enterprise more than the 60's TV version.

So far, so good ..... I NEED more.....

Q2UnME

9. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

Where are the wings? :(

10. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've already stated my opinion on the design. Which is I like it. But I also think that the nacelles will probably still look like that.

As far as James Cawley's dissastifaction goes, it's clear that the design is not identical to the TOS Enterprise; there are more lines on the hull and Cary L. Brown has noted that a slightly different font is used.

11. Arlo

Arlo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From the few visual cues I can see, I have a feeling this design will *really* piss off the purists.

12. RedSpar

RedSpar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like they stayed with the TMP-E aztec hull plating look.

So far I like what I see. I do have the feeling the interior of the bridge is going to be way different.

13. FlyingTigress

FlyingTigress Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

You had me at "Hello -- Here's the teaser photo"

14. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

I think it's a fun picture, agree it looks a lot like Gabe's verision, esp. with the bulges around the fronts of the nacelles.

Thanks for the great link!

15. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Fuck the purists. This is not the TOS enterprise. It's taking place YEARS before TOS. There will be differences.

16. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Lieutenant Red Shirt

Good riddance.

17. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Couldn't have said it better myself. A long as the Big-E looks good and theres a solid story in the movie, to hell with everything else.

18. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

I don't know about that, I think of myself as a purist ( somewhat ) and quite frankly I love what I see so far.

It'll look better in motion and on the BIG SCREEN i'm sure.

19. Arlo

Arlo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Please not, I'm not one of those purists. I look forward to seeing the whole sucker.

Oh, I get the sense the "wings" bit is from how the rear "pipes" now seem to be integrated smoothly into the body of the nacelles, giving a winglet appearance.

20. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

The engines do look clunkier (for lack of a better word). But, they probably should. This ship is years away from Kirk commanding it. We shouldn't believe that the engines we saw on the Enterprise when he took over were the originals.

And the font is different. But if that's enough for some folks to scream, "Boycott," they were never willing to give this movie a chance in the first place.

Frankly, I feel adequately teased just from this still, and VERY optimistic that their version of the Enterprise will be stunning.

Edited to add:
    Arlo, your other post snuck in before mine, so just let me say though I quoted you, I assumed you were making a general statement and that you were not of the "purist" camp yourself.
    Also, I think you noticed the same thing on the engines I did. They look a lot like the backs of the TMP Enterprise's engines.
    As I always have, I'm hoping they created their Enterprise from retro-fitting the TMP ship more than just trying to make the TOS ship "keweler."