ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by LtChange, Oct 6, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I hope that fans of the show get all four seasons released. Hell, I may even grab season four. But I figured the show would be a hard sell, even among the die-hards.

I shelled out about $350 dollars when the seasons were released on DVD and I've watched them so little I simply couldn't justify putting out another $250+ dollars to buy them again.

EDIT: They should've released Enterprise in the gap between TOS and TNG. It really made no sense to release the two series (TNG, ENT) concurrently.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I pre-ordered the UK version of S2 when it was cheap and sold my DVD set (seasons 1-3) to recoup the cost, so I'm hoping to be able to support the bluray release and buy all of them without costing more than $100-$150 more for the whole series.

3. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Lots of shows have stopped after only releasing one season on DVD. Fortunately for the fans, however, the studio has a history of trying to squeeze every last dollar out of its Trek productions. Not to worry, the entire series will be released.

4. Cskirk421

Cskirk421 Cadet Newbie

Is it still the plan to release all 4 seasons this year, or do you guys think it will be spread out more now?

5. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Season 4 will definitely not becoming this year, and with the gap between S1 and S2, I wouldn't expect Season 3 until January.

6. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I'm hoping for a bump in picture quality for season 3 - and particularly season 4. A little more "HD Pop" as many reviewers are fond of saying.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

One of the things that seasons 3 and 4 have over the first two seasons is that they use a lot more color. Seasons one and two were more drab so they should look better just because of that.

8. LOKAI of CHERON

The richer colour palette will certainly provide a pleasing and more appealing look on BD. But I'm hoping for addtional depth/dynamic HD appearance. We may well get something approximating that with season four.

9. Hober Mallow

I'm not sure why I'm here as I'm not an ENT fan and have never seen more than five full episodes, but... quick question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the first two seasons of ENT filmed on, er, film, and the last two seasons filmed in digital HD? Meaning that the first two seasons have the potential for even greater resolution, whereas the last two seasons can never look any clearer than 1080.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Only the fourth season was filmed digitally. The first three seasons were all done on film. Season Four will probably look fine on Blu-ray, but if ENT ever gets a future release on a higher resolution (like, say, 4K), then I'm not so confident about its chances.

11. Hober Mallow

Interesting. Thanks for the response.

12. Cap.T

Cap.T Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's going to be interesting to see what season 4 lools like on Blu-Ray. Brannon Braga mentioned in one of the bonusmaterials that he thought the look of the show suffered when they changed to HD cameras. The camera they good back then was apparently one of the first digital cameras available for a TV-Show and not very well developed yet.
    I remember some season 4 shots looked very wired even on TV. I haven't seen season 4 in a while but I remember there was an episode where Archer was tracking through some kind of desert and some of those shots looked strange.
    Again I haven't seen this for a long time, but it's going to be interesting.

13. Gibberish

Gibberish Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

According to a poster on blu-ray.com, Season One is on sale in Target stores for $49.99 this week.

I think it's time I pick this up!

14. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't season 2 out in a week? Did anyone come across some reviews yet?

15. Scotty

To answer my own question here's the first review. Bill Hunt over at The Digital Bits has seen season 2. In a nutshell, season 2 looks and sounds hardly any better than season 1 but the extra's are abundant and lengthy. The cast reunion is 95 minutes long! :eek:

16. LOKAI of CHERON

Pretty much exactly what I expected. I'm hoping for an improved HD presentation with season 3 - and particuarly season 4.

17. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

I think things look better. The live action is roughly the same, but what I've watched so far of the episodes, the CGI doesn't look as low resolution in S2 even though it technically was also mostly rendered at 480p.

And yes the cast reunion is great.

18. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I picked up Season 1, new on eBay, for $42 shipped and I'm waiting on my UK version of Season 2 that I got for $27 to ship. So far, it's looking like getting the series won't cost too much out of pocket, after selling my DVDs (already sold 2 and 3, waiting for a buyer for 1).

19. Scotty

Another review has been posted at Blu-Ray.com. The reviewer calls season 2 the mst underrated season of Trek. Personally, I think it's overrated and I say that with the knowledge that most fans dislike it.

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Wasn't Enterprise aired in high definition format? I don't own Blu-Ray, but how would it improve on something if it's already hi-def?