ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Newport News currently, which depending on traffic is ~1 to 6 hours from Chesapeake. I have also lived in Lynchburg & Richmond.

I grew up in Lubbock & Dallas and I have periodically resided in Galveston. TOS & the moonshot originally aired when I lived in Dallas.

I first saw "The Expanse", the episode that hooked me on ENT, when I was visiting my brother who still lives in Texas.

2. Reepeep Boltightener

Reepeep Boltightener Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My name is Drew. I am 28 years old (tomorrow, Nov 27) and I have been a trek fan since i was 6 or so back in the early eighties. I've watched all modern trek and movies 4-10 in first run.

I recently purchased/burned all 28 seasons and i am watching them in order (as close as I can get them too being in order) with my non-trekkie wife who will probably be a trekkie by the time this is all done.

My favourites rank DS9/ENT/TOS/TNG/VOY although my favourite character of all Trek is Trip. Who's isn't Trip?

This was the forum i visited most regularly when enterprise was still on the air (which is when i first started visiting), however now i visit it as regularly as i visit the other 4 shows forum's.

We're on Enterprise season 4 in a viewing project (watching 28 seasons of star trek in a row is a project)

I'm also a game master in a star trek RPG with my friends in which our group almost stole the NX-02 a few weeks ago, but i guess they dpon't have big ambitions since they only got away with a shuttlepod :lol:

3. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to ELK and Reepeep Boltightener!

Always nice to see fresh faces in this forum. :D

Please post lots and don't be frightened by the weirdness here. As one of the purveyors of such strange humor, just remember that it's only white evil (like my sig)... harmless if a little twisted! :devil:

:angel:

4. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Howdy all!

While I enjoyed watching Enterprise and was sad to see it end, a few things about it bugged me.

+ What would it have been like if Berman/Braga had had nothing to do with the show?

+ Time travel was used way too much in my opinion. I know the whole "temporal cold war" was a big plot point, but that itself is a flaw I think. Time travel should be used sparingly in sci-fi (unless it's the entire basis of the shows I suppose). By using it to get out of otherwise tough situations and "fix" previous problems introduces way too much Deus ex machina. As an example, I thought the TNG finale used timetravel pretty well. The episodes were based around time travel, but it wasn't used to fix problems or advance the plot. It was more like the plot was advanced by the characters (Picard and Q) and timetravel was along for the ride.

+ The finale. Enough said.

Anyway, don't mean to nitpick. Does anyone else think anything about those things?

5. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi illiriahrising! Keep up that good work. My hubby & I are Trek fans too ... and two of my three kids like Enterprise, so I guess I'm only 66.7% effective as a parent! :lol: They're all SF/fantasy/comic fans, though, and our favorite family vacations involve conventions. I actually met my husband at a con (SF filk music)... and my brother met his wife at a ST con. We can honestly say that our children owe their lives to Star Trek (and filk).

Welcome to ELK and Reepeep Boltightener too! ELK, I used to help run Trek cons in Virginia, many many years ago. And Reepeep, you won't find any shortage of fellow Trip fans here! Check out the Trip thread (started by yours truly) if you haven't already.

And hi to Dr. Nick! You have some really good discussion points there. You should start a new thread ... a lot more people would find and respond to a separate topic posting (and you wouldn't hijack the "Welcome" thread with a serious discussion ... :D)

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome to any and all newbies since my last visit here...have a ton of fun, and enjoy your membership privileges(which...admittedly...amount to little more than McDonald's discount coupons and an autographed photo of the background crewman on C Deck from "Chosen Realm"). :)

7. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey...I didn't even get that much! :mad:

;)

8. Jenna

Jenna Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the new posters. :) Have some pecan pie. It's special, so even if you don't like pecan pie it will taste like whatever you do like.

;)

9. outriderx

outriderx Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thought I would throw in my part of what is sure to be a *new* 2 year thread..

Been a lurker for sometime, even reg'd once back in 2000. Just can't seem to stay connected for too long as life often draws me away.

It's great that their are so many people who stay connected here, hope I can do that -- I only have one friend nearby that really likes trek.

Anyway about me.. married.. too many kids.. 35yrs young.. love 'puters/tech stuff, trek/scifi, hockey/inline, poker, and motorcycles.

Fav series.. probably ENT, TNG, VOY, DS9 in that order. Not much of a TOS fan (sorry Leaf). Currently enjoying ENTS4 DVD's.

I'll try to keep up on the posts.. would love to get 100 so I can PM!!!

10. kirk40

kirk40 Captain Captain

Hi all. My name is Brian and I registered here a couple days ago. I live in Kansas and teach 7th grade science. I've been a star trek fan since I was around 12, I think. I enjoy movies, video games, and reading science fiction and fantasy novels. I've been enjoying the board so far and look forwad to some interesting discussions in the future.

11. Jedikatie

Jedikatie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi outriderx and kirk40! Hope you enjoy yourselves here! :)

12. Kevin Thomas Riley

Kevin Thomas Riley Admiral Admiral

In Engineering singing "Kathleen" with T'Pol
    Hi there to all the newbies! [​IMG] Welcome to the Insane Asylum also known as the ENT forum! ;)

13. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Insane Asylum? I'm not crazy. Twisted, but definitely not crazy... :devil:

But yes, welcome all the fresh blood... erm, I mean new members to our secret society. Please don't forget to pick up your complimentary NX-01 hat. You're welcome to join in the NOT.DEAD. chanting--if that's your thing. If not, well, there are plenty of other diversions in this forum.

And don't mind cooleddie, he's mostly harmless. If some of his captions don't make sense, just remember that google is not your friend. If you don't get the joke, trust me--you don't want to know.

Thank you and enjoy your imprisonment.

:devil:

14. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

COMPLIMENTARY??? Do you know how much I paid for mine on eBay?! ARGHH!

But welcome to all the newbies, in any case. :)

15. Thena

Thena Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've never Googled one of cooleddie's captions and now I'm seriously starting to wonder what I'm missing.

As for the NX-01 cap, I think the only way I'd pay for one on Ebay was if it came off the head of Scott Bakula. ;)

16. vero3110

vero3110 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd follow startraveller776's advice. I did google one of his jokes which I didn't get...now I'm quite sorry I did.
    You really, really don't want to know... :(

17. cooleddie74

I love you guys. :D :thumbsup:

18. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

:guffaw: Google is NOT your friend :guffaw:

Yes, be careful of Cooleddie's captions...he intends to take the innocence of us all!

:eek:

19. cooleddie74

^
    You guys are innocent?

Heck...coulda fooled me.

:D :D :p

20. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

But you aren't getting my beer! :p