E-Book Pricing Alerts

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Villordsutch

Villordsutch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Absolutely itching to find out what Septembers books will be after August DTI series was just brilliant. I'm hoping for more post-Nemesis as I hoping to start that from the beginning once I've finished the Full Circle series. Yes, I know I've gone about the wrong way, but I started with the lead upto Destiny and then fell into Full Circle from there. I've got a lot of blank spaces to fill.

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Please don't be a back-seat mod. If you have concerns about a post, please report the post for review, rather than questioning it in-thread.

@JWolf , since this has been brought to my attention (however inappropriately), I will still need to do due diligence on it. This one is a little trickier than usual, since cloudfront is part of AWS, and it's possible you could have your own AWS account, which I think would be OK under our rules.

That being said, if I compare the URLs in your post to the URLs for the images on S&S's Star Trek Ebook Deals page, I see they are identical, which leads me to believe you are just hotlinking the images from that page, which is not OK.

If you really feel the need to post the covers for the sale books in this thread, you will first have to upload them to an image hosting service like Imgur or Postimage. Thank you.

3. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Based on an Amazon search, this month’s deal books are:

all three books of Coda

Picard:
    Rogue Elements

TOS:
    Prime Directive
    TMP novelization
    Living Memory
    No Time Like the Past
    The Wounded Sky

TNG:
    Ghost Ship
    First Contact
    novelization
    Shadows Have Offended

DS9:
    Emissary novelization

VOY:
    Full Circle
    Unworthy
    Children of the Storm

A few repeats, but some high-profile new ones as well.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Humble Bundle is offering an IDW Star Trek sale for the next three weeks. 54 different comics and graphic novels.

5. DrBeverly

DrBeverly Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's a lot! Now to see which of them are available on UK Amazon... (and yes, I know I can get them from ebooks.com, but I have Amazon credit and want to use that)

Edited to add: looks like they haven't activated them yet on Amazon UK - sometimes it takes a few days, so I'll check back after the weekend.

6. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

wow that is QUITE the selection for september. I'll probably be going after all of those.

7. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

What I am hoping for is a Transformers Humble Bundle before they lose the license, which hopefully includes all the stuff they've never Humble Bundled before. They did something like that before they lost the Doctor Who license, IIRC.

TheAlmanac and Allyn Gibson like this.
  8. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They had a bundle back in May that I thought was supposed to be just that... although admittedly I don't follow Transformers so there could still be stuff missing.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you for posting! Several in there that hadn’t been in a Humble Bundle before. Unfortunately several in there that I just bought last month. Oh well!

Jinn likes this.
  10. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you for the heads up. I had never even heard of humble bundle. That is a huge steal to get all those graphic novels for that $18 minimum price tag.

11. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hm, I vaguely remember this. It has all the newer stuff that had never been in a bundle, but I bought most of that in singles as it came out. It does have a couple things that would have been worth it at set-your-own-price, tho, I should have done it!

What I am after is the older stuff that has never been in bundles (their first ongoing, some of the later Classics collections). I wonder if I will just have to bite the bullet and buy the PDFs direct, or risk never getting this stuff at all. I am not sure when the license actually ends.

I also wish they would have done a MtMtE omnibus or something, I don't have that in hard copy.

12. Villordsutch

I've launched my VPN and set it to the USA as the deals are still not showing here in the UK. However, looking on ebooks.com the Star Trek Coda series is still showing as full price and over on Amazon.com seems to be too?

Even S&S.com is showing Coda at full price. Am I looking in the wrong place on the US pages?

Where am I going wrong?

13. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Villordsutch likes this.
  14. Happenstance

Happenstance Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think the UK deals usually appear on the first Tuesday of the month so they should rollover next week.

DrBeverly and Villordsutch like this.
  15. Villordsutch

I can see it now. It was my fault (knew it would be). For some reason if I log in, on Amazon.com, the price on the Kindle version returns to the full price, however if I access it as a Guest - I can see it at the offer price. I'm going to have to wait with bated breath until Tuesday it seems :(

16. Obsidian_Phil

Obsidian_Phil Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Looks like the main deals page has been updated.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/p/star-trek-ebook-deals

A few additional ones not mentioned above (although not all discounted / available in the UK yet)

TNG
    All Good Things… novelisation by Michael Jan Friedman

DS9
    Warped by K.W. Jeter
    I, the Constable by Paula Block & Terry J. Erdmann

New Frontier
    The Returned, Parts 1 to 3 by Peter David

17. Villordsutch

The UK is now showing discounts. I can see both Play and Amazon with Coda at 99p

18. historypeats

historypeats Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been having quite the dry spell with these sales this year (lots of repeat titles), so this month is very welcome!!

19. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

20. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore